PDA

View Full Version : "2 Blind Mice" - Animated short critique / feedback???

PoorhouseFX
11-07-2006, 07:24 PM
I recently finished my first animated short in a while. I have a scaled down web version online and would love some criticism on it.

Also, I need some feedback on the darkness. I have a calibrated monitor that it looks great on and am curious how it views on other monitors. If it is dark, could you please let me know if it is a mac or pc and what kind of monitor you have (lcd or crt)?

Am open to any and all comments and suggestions.

Thanks

Click to view ------> 2 Blind Mice (http://web.alfredstate.edu/ciat/2BlindMice/Clips/2BlindMiceWeb.mov)

It may take a few minutes to load because I had to host it on a server at my job which can be slow at times.

jpa
11-08-2006, 12:47 AM
Link isn't working for me.

jpa
-

TheNeverman
11-08-2006, 04:36 AM
link no worky...

SirRon
11-08-2006, 06:41 AM
there's an extra 'http//'

http://web.alfredstate.edu/ciat/2BlindMice/Clips/2BlindMiceWeb.mov

PoorhouseFX
11-08-2006, 01:55 PM
Thank you SirRon. That link is correct and I have corrected it in my first post.

Sorry about that.

PoorhouseFX
11-09-2006, 02:51 PM
Anybody???

Sky
11-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Hey there! I finally got to watch it. I've got a slow connection today so it took a while to load. I love the music you chose at the start. I also think the kitchen set looked really good. I liked the composition on the shot where he's standing on the table looking down at the trap. Nicely chosen! It wasn't bad at all.

I do have a few suggestions though. On the mouse models I noticed some really weird looking edges. Under the chin, near the mouth, and on parts of the limbs. I think it would make the models look a bit better if those harsh edges were smoothed out. Give it a softer look. And the head popping out from parts of the table could have been a bit faster. The whole thing felt very fast paced, except this part. It was slower than the rest. Also, everything felt very grey. Maybe add some color in there. Pictures on the wall in the kitchen, colored props, etc.

I know this film is final, but these are suggestions that will hopefully help on your next film. Keep up the hard work!

PoorhouseFX
11-09-2006, 07:39 PM
Thanks Sky. THe music in the beginning is from a local band I got to compose some music for me. They are called God Size Hate and I am doing there web site so we kind of swapped services. Then the middle when the mouse is running one of my students did. Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it. I never noticed the hard edges on the mouse until you siad it, nice catch. I must have forgot a setting in the smooth poly option. I actually purposely slowed the animation down at the head popping out part trying to create a little difference in pace, but I see what you are saying there. Ad for the kitchen and color I can see what you mean. I tried keeping a night time look and sort of kept the colors somewhat muted but maybe too much.

Although the movie is pretty much final there are still some things I can go back and fix, so thank you very much for the critique and suggestions.

PoorhouseFX
11-10-2006, 12:42 AM
anybody else, I appreciate any and all C/C.

Thanks

CGTalk Moderation
11-10-2006, 12:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.