PDA

View Full Version : flipped arms on character input?!

maelstrom
02-08-2003, 11:49 AM
hi everyone,
i got this weird problem where the translation of the right arm goes to the left side and vice versa when i choose another Character as the Input for my animation. the rest of the rig works just fine (legs, head, etc.) it's just the arms that get screwed.

i checked the naming of the arm bones and everything seems to be just fine...

i guess i must have overlooked something obvious, but i just don't see it. :hmm:

anyone knows this problem?

Joint
02-12-2003, 01:21 PM
Hi
you could check that when you set up your character definition that you did not accidently pull the arm bones into the opposing arm boxes, that may be the cause....
cheers

joint

Ewan Lee
02-12-2003, 03:34 PM
What program are you using? That usually happens if the skeleton joints point the "wrong" way, parent/child joint should be aligned along the +x axis, if you added bones to the left arm and mirrored it to the right you have to re orient all the mirrored joints to point along +x (if you mirrored they now point -x)...

hope this solves your problem

cheers

Ewan

CurtisG
02-24-2003, 05:37 AM
Hi maelstrom,

If you could post your FBX scene so we could take a look at it, that would be great!

Thanks

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.