PDA

View Full Version : Looking to pair up with..

Wildfire
02-08-2003, 11:39 AM
Hi

I'm a 3D modeller/animator looking to pair/team up with a concept artist(s) for vairous small projects. Basically I suck as a concept artist and just love modelling. If anybody is the other way round, ie artist who wants to see some of their work in 3D let me know. I'm pretty much up for anything, lo or hi res, environments, vehicles, mechs, characters etc.

So if you want to team up post or drop me an email.

do0d
02-09-2003, 12:47 AM
hi there.. i'm kinda new here and i'm really amazed at the work people are doing here... im currently a layout artist in a cartoon company and i am really interested to work with you... well... i just need a little help coz im really new here hehe..:D

unLevel
02-09-2003, 03:27 AM
hey, you might want to email kirt, he's an awesome concept artist....

chrisdejoya
02-12-2003, 09:51 AM
sounds like you're looking for a casual long-term partner, which is cool. wish i had one. sorta reminds me of bobo and hawkprey, or at least what they are in my mind. :)

suppose you hook up with somebody, would you require model sheets or can you model from sight?

anyway, here's some of my stuff...
character concepts,
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43015

and a model sheet,
http://home2.pacific.net.ph/~cmijares8/Kendra.jpg

Wildfire
02-12-2003, 12:02 PM
Hi

Yeah, that's what I'm looking for. Man your concepts are pretty cool!! Really like the Kendra character!!

I can manage modeling from sight, although my modelling of characters is pretty limited when it people so schematic style drawings wre always a help. I am currently doing a person at the moemnt. Painting the colour mas at the moment. I'll post it as soon as I finish the colour map.

Give me your email, an I'll send you some work that I'm doing at the moment. Also doing a couple of other projects that are looking completion of the modelling stage soon, 1 week or so.

I kinda want to get a variety of models done, ie. low and high poly. I'm pretty adept at riggin and weighting, basic facial controls, also getting on pretty well with cloth simulators. Let me know if you wnat to see any of my work.

boywonder
02-12-2003, 01:12 PM
Had to ask: what kind of projects you have? (I'm no artist, just interested :))

unLevel
02-12-2003, 02:20 PM
Boywonder, it seems me and you are a lot alike, we both claim that we're not artists, yet we both have cool ideas we'd like to see worked on...

I just noticed that...don't get worried, I'm not going be harassing or following you or anything, just noticed that we seem to think a lot alike, or at least we think a lot...

Wildfire
02-12-2003, 03:53 PM
Me?

I'm doing a whole bunch of stuff at the moment, Doing a product visualisation, about 3 characters on the go, a few cars, a couple of guns, and an old gas station desert environment thing which needs a 60s diner to be build and a whole load of trees.

I really should be working on low poly stuff, but the characters I got now need to be done in hi res. Texturing one at the moment. I've never drawn colour maps from scratch before, and halfway through the modelling of another.

boywonder
02-12-2003, 04:13 PM
unLevel: funny, I was thinking same ;)

WildFire: okay, and where will you use those models? in some games? intros?

Franz-dp
02-12-2003, 05:46 PM
i post sone links of my works in this thread
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42762

u can use them freely if u like them

Wildfire
02-12-2003, 06:19 PM
Cheers man, there's some nice stuff there. I'll let you know if I use any of it.:thumbsup:

chrisdejoya
02-14-2003, 07:29 AM
hi wildfire, let's see your stuff...take it easy though, limited mailbox size. :)

btw, what software package do you use? I'm using max 5.

Wildfire
02-14-2003, 11:18 AM
Ok, cool I'll send you some stuff.

I'm having a problem with my email at the moment. Can't read anything or send anything so I'll get it sent asap.

I can do a bit of Max 5, I'm working on getting better. I mainly use XSI. If you look at the Forum mascot thread you'll see a robot I did/am still doing.

chrisdejoya
02-15-2003, 02:50 PM
hi wildfire, any luck getting your mail fixed?

Wildfire
02-15-2003, 05:06 PM
Hi

Ok I have just managed to get my mail fixed, but infortunately it means I am modem powered for a while. I wiil try and mail some examples asap

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.