PDA

View Full Version : Max 9 material dynamic

gloupi
11-07-2006, 08:40 AM
Hello,

i am using my brand new max 9 with particle flow and cannot get material dynamic to work.
i used an ifl file and what ever i try i can't get it to match the particle age.
i read the material dynamic tutorial in the reference guide and that doesn't work.

Any idea ?
i Hope that it is not a max 9 bugs, i need that.
Temporarly i use a multi material with maps sequence split, but i need max to work in the right way.

There is bugs in any software, but i ask for the moderators a bugs report topic.
This would be usefull and quick for asking help and find answer.
This could be send to autodesk to help working on it.

It would be tricky this topics with subfolders named at max versions or service pack, to get some stats and history on the autodesk developpment success.

Xavier

Neejoh
11-07-2006, 05:33 PM
Oh never mind, misunderstood your question.

Glacierise
11-18-2006, 08:09 AM
I tried with a particle age gradient, and it worked. Maybe something in the ifl import, but I highly doubt it. Are you sure you have you flow set up correctly?

SoLiTuDe
11-18-2006, 09:25 AM
you didn't forget a delete operator, right?

Bobo
11-19-2006, 03:42 AM
Oh great, a sarcastic poll! :thumbsup:

I just tried using an IFL in Material Dynamic and surprisingly, it worked as expected.
Can you post a step by step description of what you are doing?

This is not to say Max has no bugs (I make a living finding workarounds in a Max-based production environment). But this does not look like a bug to me.

gloupi
11-21-2006, 07:51 AM
Thanks for all response,

I tried it again, and the problem comes from collision/collision Spawn. After that operator particle life is the same for all.

I join a small file with :
- a max file with a pflow and a deflector, pFlow with Collision/Collision Spawn(with restart part age) on, a script Op to print part age
- the image sequence

I used the multimaterial method to do the job.

I need sarcasm because life is so hard.

Xavier

CGTalk Moderation
11-21-2006, 07:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.