PDA

View Full Version : Maya to Combustion?

ryant14
02-08-2003, 04:12 AM
Does Maya 4.5 work alongside Combustion. I only ask because I overheard a conversation in which someone was saying how they could import Maya "files" or something of the sort into Combustion. I am new to Combustion and do not have a complete understanding of all it's capabilities. If anyone knows anything about Maya and Combustion working together in anyway way or if they have nothing to do with one another and I have just wasted a thread, if someone could just let me know. Thanks much.

jeferichardson
02-08-2003, 08:36 AM
Hey, you can DL a mel script for maya that will export mayas animated camera and nulls and Import it into Combustion. Its pretty handy. I have used it befopre in production.
But dont rely on it, cause about in half the cases I have used it the animation on the camera or null goes weird and makes it tough to reassemble it.
Due to this I will import the Maya camera into AE instead. No glitchs.

ryant14
02-08-2003, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the info. That was very helpful. I haven't tried been able to try it yet but that was just what I was looking for. Thanks much.

ryant14
02-10-2003, 05:17 AM
Do you know where I can download that from?

GrantKay
02-10-2003, 12:14 PM
http://www.fido.se/mtoc/index.html

Regards
Grant

Discreet UK

ryant14
02-10-2003, 04:57 PM
Thanks alot, you guys are awesome. I am on my way now.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.