PDA

View Full Version : Normal map, Zbrush question. Wrinkles!

Stinkfoot
11-06-2006, 07:19 AM
Since the Zbrush forum moves slower then a Frozen Snotbubble I'm posting this here,

I have a small question on making normal maps with zbrush, I get the whole workflow, but and i'm figuring out zbrush as I go :) but one thing's still giving me troubles.

Things like wrinkles, (the one at the sides of your eyes, on your forehead, stuff like that) are a tad hard to do. what is the best way to do that?

Do I model them into the model in Zbrush? (if so, does anyone know a good tut on how to draw detail like that into your model. cheers)
Or is it smarter to do the basics in Zbrush and paint the detail later on in PS.

Sorry if i'm a bit chaotic

XilA
11-06-2006, 08:10 AM
try using masks to make wrinkles around the eyes, draw in 3-4 mask lines around the eye where you want wrinkles(hold down CTRL i think)

then use the move tool to slightly move the areas above your masks forward and down lightly as well...then clear the mask and smooth the areas where needed...its really basic and will take a few times to get what you want but it works. gl

LoTekK
11-06-2006, 09:20 AM
Yup, for wrinkles, especially overlapping ones, masks are your friend.

CGTalk Moderation
11-06-2006, 09:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.