PDA

View Full Version : saurus warrior finally finished!!

Slythis
11-05-2006, 05:50 PM
this was something i started a freakin while back and just kinda forgot...i finished him about a month ago, but because i was travelling across country...didn't get to post him
i based our reptilian friend here off of the lizardmen Kroxigor, just made him a little leaner and less armoured

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/slythis/SaurusPreview.jpg

ArchangelTalon
11-05-2006, 06:28 PM
He looks pretty good. Nice model.

I'd recommend adding a bit of variety to the texture map. It looks very uniformly blue just now. Maybe make those larger scales a different colour to help break up the blue. Possibly have his tummy fading more to a creamy colour like some lizards have. A few random differently toned scales would add a bit more, too. Like this fella here. (http://animals.timduru.org/dirlist/lizard/Lizard%2001.jpg)

If you're planning to alpha the teeth, try making the background to them a similar colour to the teeth themselves, rather than black. It should help stop the black bleeding in at the edges of the alpha.

psychojohno
11-05-2006, 09:19 PM
The head looks fantastic! so does most of the body but i think you should have some other colours in there other than blue and the scales look too small on the lower body. Modelling looks good to me. I would add some more of them brown scales on his chest on his legs or scales somewhere.

Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Slythis
11-06-2006, 11:38 PM
sweet deal, thanks for the crits guys, i'll play his scales a bit and see what i come up with :)

yea, the white bg on the teeth was done like, moments later just didn't bother updating the post haha
thanks a bunch guys

Slythis
11-07-2006, 09:16 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/slythis/saurus.jpg

updates yay :)

urgaffel
11-08-2006, 01:58 PM
Nice work! One thing you might want to keep in mind though is that the large areas of small scales you have will be horribly noisy when viewed from a distance. Your full figure shot shows this to some degree. Maybe make the scales a bit larger or tone down the contrast some? It also looks a little bit like you used a procedural for the base texture. Lastly, I would stay away from bright green and orange... Use a more desaturated green with a blue tint maybe, and then add some smaller colour variations like in the lizard image linked above. The mesh construction is quite nice, can you post a close up of the head?

DooFi
11-08-2006, 02:11 PM
yes you should desaturate the scales and make them much bigger. Maybe give a tad of brown to them as well. He could also use some dirt imho. Nice model!

antodonnell
11-08-2006, 04:39 PM
Heh, nice model, I ll add my two cents, i feel the weapons handle is way too thin and would snap if used, you should check out a few swords to see the various proportions. Especially with the semi circle tip. You d need to balance that with the pommel. Plus thicker swords look cooler :D

CGTalk Moderation
11-08-2006, 04:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.