PDA

View Full Version : Girl2, Ho kyung, Ahn (3D)

Gulfrex
11-05-2006, 05:33 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/195035/195035_1162708429_medium.jpg

Title: Girl2
Name: Ho kyung, Ahn
Software: 3ds max, mental ray, Photoshop

Here is my new lovely character~
this work is the first time use mentalray renderer.
so very short of my skill.
but if you like my girl, i really vey happy.
comments are welcome.

have a good time~

camelot
11-05-2006, 12:56 PM
Looks good!:thumbsup:
But looks like the body has no texture, just a plane shader.
It could need more spots or small moles.
Shoulder and upper arm need more definition I think.

Also your back light deosn't really fits to your background.
Looks like she's standing in a studion with a wallpaper behind her.

jramauri
11-05-2006, 01:28 PM
You can become happy, I like your girl very much.
I agree with camelot crits. But if you weren't after a real look (because to me she looks more a manhwa girl than a real girl), then you don't need to be so hard with yourself.
4 stars for you. Congrats :beer:

Gulfrex
11-05-2006, 01:45 PM
thx your comment.
i refer to your advice, next work.

and very thx for 4star. ^^

deaderthanred
11-06-2006, 07:40 AM
you have a good eye for composition and clothing design :)
the model needs more work with details and small refining like others have mentioned, but overall, nice job :thumbsup:

Michael-Kingsbury
11-06-2006, 12:15 PM
Beautiful expression on her face, it's very subtle and evocative.

The deltoid on the model is developed (muscle fiber mass). Usually for that to occur, since it is in a highly rotary muscle group, it's opposing muscles develop as well. So we should be seeing some further articulation and muscle development in her armpit, pectoralis, latissimus dorsi.

Curves are nice and beautiful and they usually develop from fat or physical repetitive action of the musculature and usually some degree of balance and development from the other muscles assoicated in that group.

Deltoid, Latissimus dorsi, Trapezius girdle: Perhaps just a slight development in the Trapezius girdle, or reduction in the middle Deltoid. A very sublte Latissimus dorsi insertion in the armpit to hold the Trapezius girdle in place while the Deltoid becomes as developed as it is in the picture.

These are minor and subtle recommended changes, no need to over do them. You have the choice of slightly reducing the middle Deltoid fibers while ever so slightly increasing the Pectoralis and Latissimus dorsi insertions in the armpit articulation. Just subtle hints.

Breast mounting on chest: I realize she is a young model and of a firm construction. Even so it seems like there needs to be just a hint of thin fat softness on the lower center breast join to chest and a hint, just a hint, of one of the slight ribs of the rib cage higher up, but since she is young, again, just a slight hint of the rib.

Approach: Because she is a young model, you may want to implement the anatomical adjustments from a perspective of reductive rather than additive, so she doesn't get muscle bound. However since you already have that beautiful siwmmers deltoid on her, you may want to preserve that and just very carefully add a faint latissimus dorsi increase and pectoralis decrease (with articulation definition) only around it's insertion under the anterior deltoid.

Beautiful work and I love her expression and your details on her eyes, and her wrist accoutrements, the leather bands.

You've caught a wonderful feeling in her, Ahn Ho kyung.

CGTalk Moderation
11-06-2006, 12:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.