PDA

View Full Version : Please help!!I am a newbe

R.R
03-21-2002, 01:28 PM
Hello,
I am a newbe of XSI, I was a Max user and I am now having some modeling issues when I trying to model in XSI.
I am currying making a polygonal character model (its for game), I model the head, body, hands and leg seperately. When I finish all the parts and try to attach them and do the vertex welding process, but I just couldn't find the "attach" function in XSI's polygon tool.
I know maybe that was only a Max term, but if there any same function in XSI equal to "attach" multiple poly mesh into one?

Anyone? Please help me, I will be appreicated. Thanks.

Gatsu
03-21-2002, 03:41 PM
In Xsi you can use Merge under Create>Polymesh>Merge.

Lepo

R.R
03-22-2002, 06:27 AM
I try to merge two poly mesh before, but it seems they are still two seperate object (well, at least I can select them seperately), or maybe I am having a wrong concept of "they are supposed to be one single mesh after I merged them" isn't it?
Please tell me if I should delet their history somewhere like in Maya, in order to make them into one single mesh after the merge? Thanks.

wlau
03-22-2002, 09:21 AM
After you merge them together, you have should one merged object 'polymsh' as well the two un-merged original objects. You can select them through the scene explorer or just move your original objects away to see the merged one in the viewport.

As for history, select the polymsh (merged object) and hit 'freeze' and that will finalize the history.

wlau

R.R
03-22-2002, 09:27 AM
Thanks!!! That actually works!!!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.