PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Expression editor?

qrichardson
11-04-2006, 07:42 PM
I'm currently working on os X, version 7 of maya.
What is the workflow or is it possible to access a different text editor when editing mel expressions. I am mainly talking about working on expressions with dynamics. Currently, if you go into maya preferences you have the choice of using Maya's Expression editor or TextEdit. I would much rather use BBEdit or SubEthaEdit.
Anyone have any insight or know if this is possible?

Thanks

sparaig
11-05-2006, 10:38 PM
I'm currently working on os X, version 7 of maya.
What is the workflow or is it possible to access a different text editor when editing mel expressions. I am mainly talking about working on expressions with dynamics. Currently, if you go into maya preferences you have the choice of using Maya's Expression editor or TextEdit. I would much rather use BBEdit or SubEthaEdit.
Anyone have any insight or know if this is possible?

Thanks

Probably, if you go into mayas own UI scripts, you'll find the choices available. I would THINK you could change them to include BBEdit or SubEthaEdit.

Copy all the internal maya .app scripts to a separate folder, use BBEdit to multi-file search for "textedit" and see what you come up with. Make sure you have a pristine copy of the scripts to revert to. Good luck.

CGTalk Moderation
11-05-2006, 10:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.