PDA

View Full Version : Hdri

GI jay
11-04-2006, 01:58 AM
hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to import a model from maya WITH all its
materials+shaders still in-tact. I can get the model in sweet but no textures...
sorry, i know nothing about view :argh:

thanks in advance

GI

Solomon
11-04-2006, 02:44 AM
hi GI jay,

the one sure way of getting fully textured models from Maya into Vue Infinite - is by saving them as FBX and importing into 3DS max, and then using the VOB exporter from Max to save the model as a VOB file - this will carry all the textures, including animation into vue

and the cool part is that you can make copies inside of Vue and still retain the animation.

GI jay
11-04-2006, 10:12 PM
hey solomon,

thanks for the quick reply! only problem is... i cant get my hands on 3dsmax :argh:
any other possibilities?

thanks again for the help. much appreciated.

GI

bruno021
11-10-2006, 10:23 AM
I don't know Maya, but when I export in the obj format from XFrog, Xfrog writes an .mtl file ( this seems to be a maya material file), and provided all your textures are in the same folder as your model, Vue will import the model fully textured. Vue needs this mtl file to import your model with textures. Now I don't know how you do this in Maya.

CGTalk Moderation
11-10-2006, 10:23 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.