PDA

View Full Version : Corel Problem,file is not photoshop formate

LiChih
11-03-2006, 07:05 PM
hey guys, I was painting for 6 hours straight and every hour i would save it under as a PSD file. I was almost done and i saved it and then my norton virus wanted me to restart the computer since it was finished updating. I saved my work as a PSD file in Corel so I thought every thing would be cool.

I restart and went to corel. I try opening that file and it says ( File is not photoshopformate?) I think try to open it in photoshop and it wouldnt let me.

Is there a reason for this type of error?

DigArts
11-03-2006, 10:24 PM
hey guys, I was painting for 6 hours straight and every hour i would save it under as a PSD file. I was almost done and i saved it and then my norton virus wanted me to restart the computer since it was finished updating. I saved my work as a PSD file in Corel so I thought every thing would be cool.

I restart and went to corel. I try opening that file and it says ( File is not photoshopformate?) I think try to open it in photoshop and it wouldnt let me.

Is there a reason for this type of error?
Undoubtedly there's a reason for it. What that reason is may be in doubt, however.

When I've encountered this problem, I couldn't find a way to recover. Others may, however. So don't get too discouraged.

My best advice, start using the iterative save function, which may have actually come into being to address these very issues. It's your best chance of to avoid loosing long hours or effort regardless.

Good luck.

tomt
11-04-2006, 02:03 AM
Iterative save is your best bet. (ctrl/command+alt+S) You might want to see if your script of the last file you worked on is available. It may or may not be be able to recreate the image. Sometimes I'll save as a Rif and a psd to guard myself from losing a file.

CGTalk Moderation
11-04-2006, 02:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.