PDA

View Full Version : real time shaders

Micro26
11-03-2006, 07:17 AM
Hi all, i d like ask how can i view maps (diffuse, spec , transparency,bump) at the same time in ogl or direct3d.
I m working for some game assets and i use the netview presets shaders to see prewiews but i cant make my material transparent and bumpy and shiny(mapped).
The shader builders looks very good for making a custom shader quickly,can someone point me to documantation about using it?
Sorry about my english and hope it makes sence.
thank you.

Micro26
11-04-2006, 07:30 AM
I dont know if my question is basic or not ,i did a quick search in the manuals and couldnt find anything about it ,there are some examples about rt shaders but i cant seems to make all maps show in viewport . Can you please point me a way to do that.
There s a pdf in the official tutorials page about low poly asset and texture creation but i didnt read anything there too (it just says about the use of pandemic shader)

skuby
11-04-2006, 08:36 PM
I hope I'm answering you're question but the easiest way to do it would be to apply Ultimapper to you're object "properties > Ultimapper". Then go into the last tab in ultimapper select you're video card and create a realtime preview tree. Then go into the Render Tree and you will see ultimapper created an entire realtime shader network that includes the nodes you asked for. Go in and load in all of you're maps manually and that should do it.

Micro26
11-05-2006, 10:46 AM
I know about ulimapper its a very quick to set it up but i cant find a way to add tranparency to the list.BW there are some really cool presets and shader builder in netview.

I have the alpha in my diffuse texture and cant find a way to make it transparent in my viewport. I tried tweaking the blending modes in realtime shader s ppg(source alpha destination alpha etc..) but didnt get the expected result...:deal:
thank you

mrflynn
11-05-2006, 09:13 PM
Im not sure if off the top of my head whether the XSI viewport can support alpha texturing.

Can someone please clear this up?

dwigfor
11-05-2006, 10:20 PM
OpenGl AlphaTrans shader (under more...) does

CGTalk Moderation
11-05-2006, 10:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.