PDA

View Full Version : compositing cg elements in live footage

anjali
11-03-2006, 06:01 AM
hey guys,

i have a footage in avi format and i want to integrae a cg element to it........................i wanted to know, how can i convert the footage in image sequence of targa, tiff or cineon which will help me to import it in maya live..............

thanx in advance

Shankar
11-03-2006, 07:42 AM
Just Import the avi or mov file into Shake or after effects and output to sequence of tga or any format.
_Shankar

vaseems
11-04-2006, 05:19 AM
oOpz u caN usE premiere,combustion,nuke

torebjerkan
11-04-2006, 05:25 PM
I'm quite a noob to this too. When I output the avi file to a .tga sequence, is it broken down into the indiviual frames as it were when the film was shot? Or is there much more going on? Please enlighten me on what happens when I turn my film into individual frames(hope that makes sense).

anjali
11-06-2006, 06:29 AM
I'm quite a noob to this too. When I output the avi file to a .tga sequence, is it broken down into the indiviual frames as it were when the film was shot? Or is there much more going on? Please enlighten me on what happens when I turn my film into individual frames(hope that makes sense).

hey,

a tga sequence is a loop created by different frames, atleast thats what i figure out, and these individual frames are important when u want to import it in maya for camera tracking, cause maya live doesnt import avi footages............

CGTalk Moderation
11-06-2006, 06:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.