PDA

View Full Version : Flirting - 10 sec dialog anim

ati*
11-02-2006, 06:31 PM
Hi guys and gals,

this animation is the result of a months work. Looking forward to your c&c
regards!
andrea

quicktime mpeg4 (http://tciny.dword.org/cibo/NightCab.mov) (recommended!)
youtube link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF0GLvQrRZU) (out of sync!)

tciny
11-04-2006, 10:22 AM
Hey! Very cool anim; it really makes you want to know the rest of the story. I especially like the personality you gave the girl, she really has that girl next door charme to her :D
Looking forward to the final animation!

PS: Maybe you could upload the video on youtube so it's easier for people to check it out? I think it's a shame no one has replied to this yet...

ati*
11-04-2006, 11:08 AM
thanks!
I just added a youtube link as well, but it seems that the file is out of sync, so if you can, please use the quicktime : )

Grozeb
11-04-2006, 03:05 PM
That is awesome. It's hard (for me) to imagine how it could be better from an animation perspective. I love how the guy is paying the cab driver and putting away his wallet as the clip starts. You even kept animating him as the actor sort of started to say something else, and she says her line over him, some very keen observation there. Her nervous hand and arm motions are excellent. I'm not familiar with the source clip, but it looks true to life to me.

moose2k1
11-04-2006, 04:45 PM
Hey there,

I think its coming along fairly well. One critic I have for you is that too much in both characters is going on, too much of the time.

I don't know who to focus on because both characters are moving and swining their hands. You s hould really have one char. be the owner of the shot when you want the audience to focus on them (usually when they are speaking, not always though). Right now, both are trying to own the shot alot of the time. They are "overlapping" each others actions, which I think is hurting your shot versus an a to b, b to a approach...

But the moods look pretty good =)

gunslingerblack
11-06-2006, 12:31 AM
i dont think any of them really settle into a pose at all, some of the facial bothers me but the main point is that the poses are unclear, what exactly are they doing? what is thier attitude towards one another? the poses just float from one to the next to the next, i would say first rework your pose, then punch up your facial, it is severely underplayed ESPECIALLY with the male partner in the scene.

CGTalk Moderation
11-06-2006, 12:31 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.