PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Trailer for new short released.

ME3D
03-21-2002, 08:10 AM
ALFRED
http://www.me3d.tv/alfred/alfredsplash.html

This is a short produced by Minds Eye 3D, which is two guys. Were both here on CGTalk ( Handles: ME3D & Right Eye ) so let us know what you think, and we'll keep pluggin with the updates.ALFRED

right eye
03-21-2002, 08:13 AM
Hey guys,

A little bit about what's already on the site and what's to come. Our gallery has images starting from clay models up to the teaser which was just loaded. We are nearing the midway point of the first short and we appreciate any comments.

Thanks.....

paulc
03-21-2002, 02:21 PM
It's looking v.good. And the website is v.professional looking. My only comment is that the trailer should be much shorter. It could be half the length.

right eye
03-21-2002, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the comments paulc,

We were going for a cinematic look for the trailer. The slow camera movement
was to provide dramatic shots running over pieces of detail. The teaser was meant to show just enough to peak curiosity w/out giving too much away.

I'd be interested to hear if others think the trailer could be shorter

JoBbE
03-21-2002, 07:55 PM
yep, the trailer is definately too long. it would be much more interesting if it was shorter and faster....

ME3D
03-21-2002, 11:56 PM
Good feedback. Thanks!
Definitly the short is faster pased but Like right eye said the teaser was looking to build a bit of mystery.
Anyway anyone want to comment on style, look any other areas we should address for the main show. Be as specific as you like.
More FEEDBACK! Good,Bad,Ugly. Say it!
Also heres another pic

alx
03-22-2002, 12:55 AM
Well i saw the triler...

It's not that it is too long... the problem is that the music doesn't portray the mood you are trying to set... if u want it to bee more "moody and dramatic" i think that a selection of music that makes u feel like that will work much better that the drum loop.
maybe also having some foolie sounds would help to increase the feeling you know, Like Fg sounds and a creepy sort of bg mood sounds would be nice too.!!
as far as animation.. its kind of hard to coment since there isn't much but its an ok start..but i rather coment once we get more of the character.. and how he moves and behaves.... :)
i think the eye needs some tweaks when it opens though.....textures are nice.. but... still there isn't much so its hard..
as far as the grass.. ;) i know you fixed that allready...

Anyway..over all it's nice i like it :thumbsup:...but if you don't want to show much.. i definetly think that the music selection should change.. and maybe put on a really (climax style) shot at the end.. "i don't know if that sounds ok.. i mean like a strong fast or loud.. shot at the end of the trailer) i think that that will definetly make all the drama montage from the begining make sence...

well i hope that helps ... i like it.. hope to see more!!!..
well see ya!!

sincerely

alx
:wavey::)

ME3D
03-22-2002, 01:54 AM
Hey Alx,
Thanks for stopping in. Yeah I didnt mention to much on what we already assesed as in need of fixin, but the grass is getting switched to pfx like in the background of the horn set, and have it on my list still to bake the texture on the skin. Thanks for reminding me though.
paulc,
Thanks for the site comment.

To Everyone, This is only really being seen here and by a few other specific friends we wanted feedback from, So i'm really looking to fix all the things you may mention that otherwise we could miss. So as I said all crits are welcome. Thats why its here.

Also Since probably most havent seen ALFRED (in the gallery of the site) I'll make sure and post a newer version while im working tonight.
Thanks for the response so far fellas.

DrAdamDinosaur
03-22-2002, 04:01 AM
Hi, i like the texturing you have done, looks really cool. I agree with alx, the drum loop seems "fun" and makes you think that something really big or funny is going to happen at the end of the clip, currently it doesn't seem to be working as well as it could be.

One thing i would liek to mention is that i don't think that the trailer is to long, its just not enough is going on to catch the eye. I don't mean have more shots i mean put in some subtle movements. Make the tail going through the long grass slither out. Also, the foot seems to be just rising out of the screen and floating away. I think it needs more weight added to it. Make the toes curl like a foot would when it presses from the ground.
Also, when the camera gets a shock at the end from seeing the eye open, i think the eye needs to open a little quicker ot make this more apparent.

Also, i like the way you have done the credits and the little ripple at the end. Oh, also the lighting is nice, it seems warm and friendly. Good stuff.

ME3D
03-22-2002, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the responses on the trailer. We appreciate all the input we've received, and plan to focus on several of these areas for the real deal. Please check into the gallery for a progression of images on alfred we are working on.

Just an update:
This is one of the trees that will be in the main scene, so the leaves and textures will come after camera animation is set. Right now the "bulk" of the environment is being fleshed out. I may post some of our sketches on this scene to the site as well if anyone says they're interested in more of the concept design.

right eye
03-23-2002, 03:26 AM
I'm not sure if this thread is going to go much further. We do appreciate all the compliments though.

Thanks for the comps and crits DrAdamDinosaur and Alx. As for the music, we
are shooting for a fun sound because that is the essence of Alfred. The shorts will be light hearted. But in the trailer it's only evident from the music, and a little by style.

The teaser was a quick introduction to Alfred. It is pretty rough but we wanted to give a little preview. The comments helped a lot w/ what we are planning to do now. We will try and post a few more times during production with some mock animations and stills so that way we can use any advice before we get too far along.

Thanks again to anyone who commented.....

(not that I don't have enough to do but after seeing the new stills from the Two Towers, I think I'm going to have to start re-reading it this weekend)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.