PDA

View Full Version : R10 Layout

boxy
11-02-2006, 03:29 PM
Weee!
Now that I've got 10 and have been playing with it I'm actually quite happy with the default light scheme with one exception - I changed the undo-redo arrows, just couldn't live with them.
As a continuation of the UI workflow AdamT posted a while ago, here's a generic R10 Layout that seems to suit my everyday needs:) When I get used to the icons I might make the text a bit bigger again and remove it from the functions.
I'd love to see any others, might get some more good ideas.
Thanks
Boxy

http://www.savbox.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/posts/10.jpg

tonare
11-03-2006, 01:52 AM
Looks great, but I would get rid of the material box on the bottom to free up some room and make it a floater.

I really like the new interface. I'll have to upgrade to this someday, its just to pricey for me atm.

boxy
11-03-2006, 09:37 AM
I use the material manager all the time and having it float would mean constantly moving it to get to something else or constantly hitting a key to show/hide it. I personally work faster by seeing/pointing/clicking rather than looking away from the screen to find the key I want etc. But I respect your right to that opinion :D
Cheers
Boxy

ChrisCousins
11-06-2006, 11:01 PM
...I changed the undo-redo arrows, just couldn't live with them...
I know what you mean, but I just got rid of the damned things! I just realised that Cmd-Z had become automatic, like Cmd-B for render setup or Cmd-S for save - why have these things on a layout when I 'd never actually use the button ;)
Then I worked out that I could hide the materials manager behind the objects manager, easy to assign by drag'n'drop or by dragging from tab to tab , and you gain all that space at the bottom.
Then I decided I didn't want any distracting pictures on my buttons when they were so small I had to read the label anyway to see what the button would do - so I've ended up with this rather sparse offering - it's still changing though - pretty much every day.
http://homepage.mac.com/Chrissyboy/.Pictures/dump/c4d-layout.jpg
What I've tried to do is find a way of having one layout that'll do almost everything; I don't mind digging through menus every now and then to find a seldom used command, or adding a new palette for a certain job - but it really slows me down when I change layouts to, say, the BP Paint layout and half my standard tools disappear from the menus, only accessible by swapping layouts back again.
Cheers! C

boxy
11-07-2006, 12:23 AM
I like that. Actually you're right I'll probably find I don't use half the buttons on that layout. You definitely found me a new home for the content browser - its too small to be useful where it is at the mo :)
Thanks
Boxy

CGTalk Moderation
11-07-2006, 12:23 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.