PDA

View Full Version : Particles dissapear?

rendermedia
11-02-2006, 12:13 PM
Is there any reason why, that should you you increase the amount of particles in a scene that they just dissapear altogether,

I have some particles travelling alone a spline via a speed by icon I have increased the birth rate from 150 to 220, however when I create a preview, 120 frames in all particles completely dissapear.

I thought it might be a RAM issue but max is only using up 300MB in the task manager on the scene? and my machine has 2GB of RAM

has anyone come across this before, I would appreciate any help,
Best Regards
Mark

OlegB
11-02-2006, 01:45 PM
There is a setting in PF Source that limits the amount of particles in the scene. The default value is 100,000. You need to increase this value.

Thanks,
Oleg B.

rendermedia
11-02-2006, 02:44 PM
Hi Oleg, I really appreciate your help, I have looked at the scene and one PFlow has only 220, not 220,000 and the other has only 500 so I can not think of what else can be causing the particles to dissapear?

Many Thanks
Mark

rendermedia
11-02-2006, 04:43 PM
HiI Oleg I have fixed it,

I turned off Find Target on both my PF source nodes and changed some parameters in speed by icon to

Paramater Anim "Sync by Absolute Time"
Icon Anim "Sync by event Duration"

And that has worked
Sweet As

CGTalk Moderation
11-02-2006, 04:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.