PDA

View Full Version : [Model] Concept Plane

doylle
11-02-2006, 10:59 AM
Hi,

i started a new project. My goal is to learn high poly modeling to produce a decent normal map for a low poly mesh. for my object, i picked a concept plane I drew couple of days ago.

Concept (http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/158/refferenceom9.jpg)
i have one in perspective, i'll try to post it later on...

this is what i got so far:

highpoly
http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/8471/conceptplanewip4vb8.jpg

lowpoly
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/9868/conceptplanewip5jk6.jpg

C&C welcome...

kakikukeko
11-02-2006, 11:52 AM
So far, it looks like your concept.. but I don't really understand it though... there is no cockpit? it's a kind of drone?

doylle
11-02-2006, 12:28 PM
So far, it looks like your concept.. but I don't really understand it though... there is no cockpit? it's a kind of drone?

hmm, yea, maybe it's not realy clear... the cockpit is the long pointed part on top. i'm not realy satisfied with the shape though. it looks better on paper than in max, so i might change that...

NME-Se7eN
11-02-2006, 01:13 PM
First thing I see is that the rudder doesn't move. This would have a large amount of pressure to consantly go straight if you place rudders on an outside wing. You'd also want to move you jet back unless you not only want your plane and it's occupants excessively hot, but the ships main thrust to be in a clockwise direction.

doylle
11-02-2006, 01:37 PM
First thing I see is that the rudder doesn't move. This would have a large amount of pressure to consantly go straight if you place rudders on an outside wing. You'd also want to move you jet back unless you not only want your plane and it's occupants excessively hot, but the ships main thrust to be in a clockwise direction.

To be honest, i have no idea what you mean with the "rudder doesn't move" :blush:
The rudder is on a vertical wing under the engine (and i'm placing one on the tale wing to).
More rudders on the wings, wich of course aren't visible in the drawing...

About the position of the engine. I wanted a big engine, and like in those WW2 planes i wanted the engine to sit on top of the plane. I realize that the person who's flying this plane would pretty much be boiling if there wasn't any kind of cooling, so that's why i made whole's in the nose, and why i will provide headshields (like the ones on the space shuttles) on the rear bottom. I already kinda modeled this, but becouse of the angle this is barely visible.

i probably should have mentioned the above in the topic start though, sorry about that.

JesseMoody
11-02-2006, 05:48 PM
hmm interesting concept but a few things bug me.

How does it land?

The square front on the cockpit would create terrible drag and resistance.

Overall it just doesn't seem balanced. It is way too nose heavy.

Just a few things to think about.

CGTalk Moderation
11-02-2006, 05:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.