PDA

View Full Version : Plotting shapes morphing

klopes
11-02-2006, 11:55 AM
Hello, this is my first post here, and first of all: sorry for my English!
Well, I'm trying MB for animating faces using voice speech, so I get the character face with the shapes, create the vocal expressions, and the guy talks. But when I press 'plot animation' in Character Face Animation pane in order to create the shape curves, nothing happens. Simply the process bar goes on, but FCurves have only 1 Bezier point.
Anyway, I have a question about this: do I need an Actor Face indeed (because the 'Actor Face Source' menu)?
Thanks

Curtis
11-19-2006, 07:25 PM
Hey klopes,

Are you using a .wav file or are you doing a live input? Either way, you need to select your voice device, turn on the “Record” option, then hit the “Record” button your transport controls, and finally hit play. This will start recording the animation (from the audio input) to the Voice Reality Device.

The next step is to plot the animation to your Character Face. Select your voice reality device and turn off “Recording” and “Live”, then plot your Character Face. This will transfer the animation recorded from the voice device to your shapes.

Cheers,

Curtis Garton

klopes
11-20-2006, 08:17 AM
Hi Curtis,
I'm using a .wav file in 'Live' mode, so the face starts to talk ok. Everything seems to work until I want to plot: I press "Plot" and nothing happens (i.e, not generate FCurves for shapes). Automatically, the next to 'Plot Animation' 'Active' square gets off, and the face shut up.

Hey klopes,

Are you using a .wav file or are you doing a live input? Either way, you need to select your voice device, turn on the “Record” option, then hit the “Record” button your transport controls, and finally hit play. This will start recording the animation (from the audio input) to the Voice Reality Device.

The next step is to plot the animation to your Character Face. Select your voice reality device and turn off “Recording” and “Live”, then plot your Character Face. This will transfer the animation recorded from the voice device to your shapes.

Cheers,

Curtis Garton

xcomb
11-30-2006, 07:26 AM
Have you tryed plot all properties, i had once done facial animation in MB, and ploted all properties, exported to Maya and everything was fine animated.

CGTalk Moderation
11-30-2006, 07:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.