PDA

View Full Version : Portfolio site for gaming artist

rAndall
03-21-2002, 09:02 AM
I've just recently put up my latest website. Most of the work on there I have tailored to getting a job in games. Just wanted to maybe get some feed back from people currently in the industry and what others may think.

thanks,

http://nealisr.tripod.com

Nobody
03-26-2002, 03:11 AM
Well, I personally think it's a bad idea to put your site up somewhere that has strict bandwith restrictions. If you send your site address to someone, you want them to see it...I'll bet quite a lot of money they won't go check it again in 'approximately two hours'. My $.02.

rAndall
03-26-2002, 08:32 PM
I totally agree.. Honestly I had no idea it was going to do this and that the bandwidth was so restricted. Very disappointing.
Tripod seemed to have the most free space available for me to include as much content as I needed for my site. Apparently, its cons are equal to its pros. Been lobbying for an account on 3dluvr.com, being that it is more reliable than any other source i've seen.

Titan
04-04-2002, 05:41 PM
great artwork man, really like you site alot!

jmringuet
04-11-2002, 07:13 AM
I don't know about the bandwith but everything looks pretty good to me. You could put a little more models, especially environments. I don't know what kind of position you're looking for but to me that's good entry level/junior level work.
Good luck with your search.

SeanW
04-11-2002, 11:03 AM
I too am trying to get in the industry and ive been finding out that for entry level, people seem to look most at the props. Characters are fun, I love them, but for entry level it just isnt something an entry level person does. An art director suggested I get a picture of a room from something like home and garden and reproduce everything in that scene. I just tried to get into Electronic Arts for their intern but they didnt want me, my stuff is at www.dreamwinder.com if you want to check out what EA didnt want.

Good luck

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.