PDA

View Full Version : Fusion 3d Locator Position please help

elay
11-02-2006, 08:43 AM
Hi all together

I tried a simple Anmiation in Maya with a moving Box and two Locator on the frontpart of The Box. I want later animate a car and position Lightglows for the Frontlight of the car in Fusion with a Lensflare Node.

The Camera, Box and two Locators are animated.

And now The Problem is, whenn i Export all the Data out of Maya and import it in Fusion The Position of the Locators are incorrect. That means that the Locator have a Offset in all directions (x,y,z).

Tha Way i import the Locators is:

1. I crate a Locator Node or A Pointcloud 3d Node.
2. I import the Translation of the Locator Node i exportet in Maya befor as a .ma file

But it dont work. i have tried everything to fix the Problem.

The Import of the animated Box and camera works Fine.
Only by the Animated Box i must retype in Fusion the Local Rotate pivot Translation, because i think Maya dont export the Pivot information to Fusion.

have anyone a idea how can i fix the problem

thanks a lot

soryy for my bad english :-))

Honza
11-02-2006, 05:46 PM
Hi,

I had these Offset Problems too, when working with meshes I combine all meshes just before exporting so I have only one mesh.
With locators a "Freeze All Transformations" before exporting should work.

Hope this was the Problem you had.

elay
11-03-2006, 07:56 AM
Hi thanks for your fast Answer

I also tried to set every Meshes and Locators to Freeze or reset Transformations, but it dont work.

I think that Fusion dont understand the Locoal and Global Pivot Location of the Meshes and Locators.

Because whenn i Import my FBX File after the Manually replace the Local Pivot Translation and Rotation in Fusion The Meshes will match.

Honza
11-03-2006, 08:42 AM
Do you have Fusion 5.02. Because earlier versions had some problems and bugs with 3d space.

Jan

elay
11-03-2006, 08:52 PM
Hi Yes i have Fusion 5.02

CGTalk Moderation
11-03-2006, 08:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.