PDA

View Full Version : What Happened??? The forums lost some messages

sketchyjay
02-07-2003, 12:52 PM
Anyone notice all the messages between 1:30AM eastern time and this morning are gone.

Will they come back?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

argh!!!

jay

ceql
02-07-2003, 01:01 PM
apperantly, the admins were updating some scripts to improve the server performance, but there was a bug in one of them which buggered the intergrity of the database, so they reverted to a backup and it's all good now ;)

sketchyjay
02-07-2003, 01:07 PM
cool,

thanks
jay

Leonard
02-07-2003, 01:39 PM
My bad sorry! :beer:

Leo

ceql
02-07-2003, 02:25 PM
server hiccups aside, It's good that the admins are always thinking about how to make cgtalk a better place :) :) /me hugs cgtalk

MacRonin
02-07-2003, 05:50 PM
Interestingly enough, I recall a lost thread from a few days ago...

The one about Apple releasing 'new' (speedbumped) PowerMacs...

Several postings there, mostly comments from the PC crowd on how Macs sucked... But not as bad as usual...

Until, of course, a post arose from someone who appeared to be a Mod (don't remember the name, but it started with an 'M'), and had a post count of one (1)! Must have JUST been made a Mod, and had a new account to go with it...

Anyway, this joker proceeded to say what crap the Mac was...

I posted after him, calling him out on the improper conduct (I don't think Mods are supposed to go in for platform wars), and pointed out a few errors in his statements about Macs in general...

Oddly enough, the ENTIRE THREAD was GONE the next day, like it had never existed...!

Hmm...

;^p

sketchyjay
02-07-2003, 06:08 PM
Macs!!!!

don't get me started on Macs....

I like em ;)

use both at home and work

yeah that shouldn't have happened. The whole point of a moderator is to stop that stuff not add to the fire.

maybe it was a good thing this restart

Jay

Leonard
02-07-2003, 09:29 PM
Dear MacRonin,

If you have an issue with a mod, kindly bring it up with me rather than publicly bash them. Mods are people too, and are entitled to their opinions.

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40271

Thanks

Leonard

Originally posted by MacRonin
Interestingly enough, I recall a lost thread from a few days ago...

The one about Apple releasing 'new' (speedbumped) PowerMacs...

Several postings there, mostly comments from the PC crowd on how Macs sucked... But not as bad as usual...

Until, of course, a post arose from someone who appeared to be a Mod (don't remember the name, but it started with an 'M'), and had a post count of one (1)! Must have JUST been made a Mod, and had a new account to go with it...

Anyway, this joker proceeded to say what crap the Mac was...

I posted after him, calling him out on the improper conduct (I don't think Mods are supposed to go in for platform wars), and pointed out a few errors in his statements about Macs in general...

Oddly enough, the ENTIRE THREAD was GONE the next day, like it had never existed...!

Hmm...

;^p

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.