PDA

View Full Version : Fluid in a pipe

Henry Anthony
11-01-2006, 06:59 PM
Hi,

Can anyone offer any views on simulating a fluid flowing in a pipe that changes directions. In reality, it would not show any movement unless there were bubbles or other things moving so the simulation may be something a bit fanciful. I am new to particle flow and need a kick start on how to approach this. So any advice, links, etc. will be greatly appreciated. What would really help is a Max 8 file of something similar that I could study.

Thank you,
Henry

mackdadd
11-02-2006, 01:03 AM
you might want to check out Glu3d, although I think you might be talking about a filled pipe, where you wouldn't see any actual water surface. perhaps Google for underwater tutorials, and then just change the settings on the floating plankton particles to be moving fast instead of just floating by. just an idea. :)

Henry Anthony
11-02-2006, 04:05 PM
Thanks, Sean. I've considered Glu and downloaded the demo. The more I think about it, this could work very much like pouring water from a bottle. Just make the neck real long. There must be many tutorials.

CGTalk Moderation
11-02-2006, 04:05 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.