PDA

View Full Version : 2D CG painting

ckw01hk
02-07-2003, 09:47 AM
Hi all in the cgtalk forum. I am new to this forum and this is the first time I post my works here. There are great works around the forum and I find the atmosphere here excellent. :) :)

So this is one of my painting done in painter. I have no title for it since I just paint it for fun. maybe for the new year.:)

Thank you and hope you enjoy.

http://sweb.cityu.edu.hk/50263613/painting/2003_2.jpg

K-pen
02-07-2003, 10:55 AM
nicely rendered. a fan of terra's work?

Castrol
02-07-2003, 01:04 PM
YEAH!... like your style!:buttrock:

art7sayan
02-07-2003, 01:25 PM
Welcome aboard ckw01hk and pleaz post again & again & again here! :bounce:

I just love this one, great mood and all !! Nothin' to crit on!

-Arty-

Terminator
02-07-2003, 06:21 PM
man yur work downright drips:) of skillz!!! this looks something out of artwork from diablo or somethin which is a good thing and i especially like the way u put certain details like that 2003 sign :buttrock:

mimo8
02-07-2003, 06:28 PM
"I just paint it for fun"

whish I could paint the same way for fun,
not even when Im serious ...

good feeling for coulours

ckw01hk
02-07-2003, 06:52 PM
thank you for all your reply. :)

K-pen> yeah!! bingo. I am a serious terra fan and i like his style very much because I feel comfortable and familiar wth his drawing style. his colouring is still a mystery to me and that's why i like him a lot.

ya, superrealistic drawing style is hard to me.....

ar one little question, does anyone here like Jon Foster?:bounce:

HapZungLam
02-07-2003, 07:34 PM
Your works reminds me the style of Street Fighter game art. And your design is awsome, a hidding left arm. Way to go man:bounce:

akroll
02-08-2003, 01:10 AM
Great painting. One crit though. There doesn't seem to be any direction to the lighting. It might add more dimensionality to it if there were a more definate light source.

Lunatique
02-08-2003, 01:15 AM
Man, we're getting kickass artists by the droves here recently!

ckw01hk
02-08-2003, 03:54 AM
Thx all :bounce: :bounce:

HapZungLam> are you the one in cgvisual? i have seen you there but i haven't post any there.
akroll> you are right man, actually i have some lighting in the pic but i have less sense to make it more dramatic.

Shady_Lady
02-08-2003, 05:41 AM
HI, ckw01hk, I'm glad to see a talented HK CG artist here!

Me, also the fan of Terra...., the same FREAK..... Could you pls tell where you study?
(I'm not sure the no. of cgtalk members from HK, but not many....)

My 2D thread
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26875

My 3D thread
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26732

:love: :love: :love:

hanzo
02-08-2003, 06:00 AM
:wip: Radical.......

ckw01hk
02-08-2003, 07:36 AM
Shady_Lady>nice to meet you here. I have seen your 3D works somewhere in local forum. is that on cgvisual??? can't remember but that's great and beautiful! and the 2D pencil sketch, right? :thumbsup:

i am still a undergraduate in cityu and this is my last year of study.

terra is absolutely great but i am of increasing interest to Jon Foster....wowowow :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

malcolmvexxed
02-08-2003, 09:06 AM
dope, reminds me kinda of some stuff outta zenbu or whatever that book was called. nice work

PotatoHead
02-08-2003, 11:00 AM
tsssssssssssssssssssss.......:drool:
.............................................:twisted:

ckw01hk
02-09-2003, 07:02 AM
here i got my old devilman painting here. it was finished much more eariler than the first one.:bounce: hope u all like it.
http://sweb.cityu.edu.hk/50263613/painting/devilman_2002_c.jpg

Shady_Lady
02-09-2003, 02:14 PM
Hey guy, you're insane(in the good way), love the atmosphere!!!

:applause: (why don't you post your stuffs on local forum first?)

Have you seen the devilman in Terra & Nira version? they're cooler than the original version......

here's my latest 2d thread
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39989

hanzo
02-12-2003, 01:34 AM
Another goody!:airguitar

what's the story ckw01hk?

ckw01hk
02-12-2003, 06:45 AM
ar hopefully someone found this thread and reply on this, thx.

this one is a devilman character from japan and i used the character to make a new composition. there he is standing on the hillside after a fight and he lost one arm. i like the dense fog.:p

chrisdejoya
02-12-2003, 07:02 AM
hey guy, (wish your name wasn't so hard to spell...)
i really adore your style, it has hints of japanese in it, was that intentional? i'm trying to learn some semi-jap style right now, and i figure your way is better than completely selling out and doing anime.

p.s. i looooove jon foster's art.

ckw01hk
02-12-2003, 11:56 AM
Snowfly>thx, and if you like my style and want some japanese style in your artworks, i will highly recommand you the works from Katsuya Terrada(my addicted favourite), Yasushi Nirasawa, and Ryuichirou Kutsusawa(i like his machanics). they have very unique styles!!!!!:applause:

yeah, i like jon foster too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!but i can't buy his artbook......... :annoyed:

kfc
02-12-2003, 03:31 PM
hey~!
cool work.
Katsuya Terrada is my favorite artist too. I've his painter tutorial book here tho. quite usedful to see how does he progress thru the image.
but well.... too bad that i can't read japanese.
btw, do u got any more paintings to show?
i would be interested to see how far is the degree that u've get ur skill to.

malcolmvexxed
02-13-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by kfc
hey~!
cool work.
Katsuya Terrada is my favorite artist too. I've his painter tutorial book here tho.

I think DDD had an issue with some of his stuff that wasn't in printed form before then a year or so back. where did he do a painter tutorial book?

erik2003
03-29-2003, 05:31 PM
Wow very cool! Nice coloring!

chee huat
03-29-2003, 05:47 PM
cool work.nice to meet u,I like the coloring.

ken
03-29-2003, 08:48 PM
awesome work........
i like thew mood...and the colour that u r used.....
i hope to see more of you work.....

kfc
03-29-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by malcolmvexxed
I think DDD had an issue with some of his stuff that wasn't in printed form before then a year or so back. where did he do a painter tutorial book?

hmm... it's a book my friend bought from japan. The whole thing is written in japanese which isn't a language i can read. It doesn't has an english version and we can't find it online. I just know that i can order the same book from some local japanese book store by importing it straight from japan. if i'm not mistaken, it should be a limited edition tho.

I saw alot of nice tut books/magazines written by japanese tho. with alot of nice eye candy and very detailed describtions. but too bad that it's not translated in to english. if it's really came out in english, i guess it can kick everybodys' ass in no time. :beer:

ckw01hk
03-30-2003, 06:52 AM
thx there,
and I also want to know which issue of D.D.D. containing Terra's works....I just got one really old S.M.H and one Comicker magazine that have his works inside....

and there is a tutorial book about his drawing, but i didn't get much from that book....may be it is just demo painting book...

kunkka
03-30-2003, 12:53 PM
ROCK ON!!!
let's all embrace t e r r a c u l t u r e !!!:xtreme:
terra is god...

hi, ckw n kfc,
im a great fan of master terada too.

ckw: i have been emulating his style for some time now, n yours is great! luv that atmosphere on ur devilman..
post more!!

well, heres my spinoff from the devilman series.. devilgurr
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50545

anyway, here's a "t e r r a 's alter of goodies" i set-up.
http://sganime.com/uploads/post-3-1048173717.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.