PDA

View Full Version : tapdancing and bunny hoods

megra
02-07-2003, 02:07 AM
http://madhattersociety.homestead.com/files/mockingbird/bunneh1.jpg

aaaand, because it amuses ME (maybe no one else):

http://madhattersociety.homestead.com/files/mockingbird/taptap1.jpg

both are pencil and photoshop, same girl in both, both done when i probably should have been taking notes or listening to the teacher. critiques welcome on both, but i'm more interested in getting opinions on the first, on her anatomy. i wanna be sure i drew it right.

and i know you can't tap dance in sandals:P

Creepstown
02-07-2003, 08:44 AM
Good work as usual Megra.
As for the crits you wanted. I'd say the first one's anatomy is fairly solid, but the left arm seems unsettling. The one pointing towards us seems fine, but the other one seems to look odd. Almost like its too short because of the way the forearm looks. I would suggest placing the elbow a little higher up and adjusting the top of the forearm a little bit.
It looks to me like you've draw the foreshortened arm based on reference lines drawn parallel from the opposite arm.(the left side) It is a good theory to do foreshortening with, except that the way her shoulders are angled, those reference lines would also match that angle, which is why the elbow must be placed higher.
I hope that is not too confusing and that it helps you.
There is some great posing in the second pic. The top three panels are great but the last one looks odd. She's a little off balance for dancing unless you wanted to purposely skew the frame. And there seems to be alot of material in the crotch area. Bring the left leg in some more or make the fabric fold closer to the middle of the pelvis.
I hope this critique has been helpful and constructive and that you keep up the good work.

Laters.

Najd
02-11-2003, 12:22 AM
well, I love your style, it's so full of color, life and all. great :beer:

(and yes, the right arm in the first picture is weird :), cool anyway )

eyewoo
02-11-2003, 04:02 AM
Cool... really like them... :applause:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.