PDA

View Full Version : LOST Island Matte

CodeNothing
10-31-2006, 09:18 PM
Big fan of LOST, thought I'd do a Dharma facility type thing on the beach. This is the rough photoshop sketch. Not sure what this facility is. And i may change the shape of it once i get some ideas about it. Maybe this could be a dolphin or shark training area?

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/145/beachroughpw5.jpg

Nadz
10-31-2006, 10:38 PM
Codenothing,
Like where you're going with this matte.Be nice to see finished piece. If you're big fan of
Lost check out my portfolio (Vanawaii) has the actual wreckage from the set. Ran across
it a couple years ago while on the North Shore of Oahu.

JJASSO
11-01-2006, 12:27 AM
this is a really nice sketch and a really cool image ,I'm sure this will finish in a cool highly detailed matte painting I will look forward to see this , great composition and color palette

yellowdog
11-02-2006, 04:12 PM
great start !

I Like the color palette... great "paradise island" feel.
can't wait to see a more detailed version. Maybe a few deeper tones here and there would help make it even richer.

can't wait to see your next step.
:)

GFXIstic
11-02-2006, 05:09 PM
Wow, i like lonely islands.... like Robinson Cruise.
The facility looke-likes a lighthouse. Really beautiful colors (I would put in only a bit more contrast, especially in the forest-areas).

Like the others i really like to see the completed picture in future. :)

everlite
11-04-2006, 01:41 PM
Yeah, really nice style, needs tightening up a little but good work so far. A tad soft and the distant cliff to the left looks a little sharp maybe.

Thumbs up :thumbsup:

Rockhoppermedia
11-05-2006, 08:48 AM
I love the colours and the way it makes you feel relaxed. I am looking forward to seeing this as a full on matte, even though the watercolour is a fantastic painting by itself. It is currently 5 degrees in London and very gloomy and seeing that painting made me feel warm inside. It is a very peaceful place. Well done.

Rich

CGTalk Moderation
11-05-2006, 08:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.