PDA

View Full Version : *.RLA problem

syntetik
02-07-2003, 12:34 AM
hi!
Im a month fresh A. Fx. compositor, primarily animating in Maya on my project. :)

I have loaded *.RLA sequence to A.FX. and shortly after applying DOF 3d effect it reported this:
"RLA: unexpected end of file"
and then it crashed :cry:

have anybody had this experience? do I have to somehow extract z-depth into another layer?
in Maya forum told me to try render it in *.iff

beaker
02-07-2003, 04:12 PM
sounds like you scrubbed over a frame that was corrupt. Look for one of the files that are smaller size in kb then the others.

syntetik
02-07-2003, 05:23 PM
beaker, youre everywhere!! :beer:

thanX for advice.

Ive already made a simple Surface Shader from black&white ramp, samplerInfo and distanceBetween node (and camera). You know how this works :)

and I think Ill stay using this simple method, also many people on cgtalk are prefering masks (not 3d plugins). This just cant betray me!! :D

dg
02-12-2003, 02:49 AM
Check if your file has a Z-Buffer info, sometimes maya skip that part in rla files.

syntetik
02-12-2003, 12:36 PM
oh no, you mean Maya just can "forget" to render Z-depth info for RLA? that would be nice ;)

Im rendering z-depth separately now, its just safe, because I dont have time to look for bad files through some 1000 frames per batch.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.