PDA

View Full Version : Video in UI

macrocosm
10-31-2006, 01:49 PM
Hi all,,

I want to let the user be able to view a playblast of the scene within a window of my creation, in other words, the playblast (HW render will work as well) should be part of my window, or is there any other way that I can put an interactive display in my window so the user of my script will see the changes he makes to the scene without closing my script window every time and going back to the main viewport???

please help!!

Mikademius
10-31-2006, 03:04 PM
If you're using Maya 7 you could use a browser and import the video as an object in this html file. In maya 8 however...

There are probably other, better ways to do it though, just can't think of some right now. Hopefully someone else has ideas :)

macrocosm
11-01-2006, 08:24 AM
to put it in other words: is there a way to attach a playblast (video file) to a window that I create, the same way u can attach a button or image ? cuz I know so far that the playblast command creates a .mv file and saves it on the hard drive, so all I want is import it into my window so the user can preview his work whithout closing the window?

I guess u get the point, so any other way of preview is highly appreciated,,

CGTalk Moderation
11-01-2006, 08:24 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.