PDA

View Full Version : Digital landscape

marcob
10-30-2006, 06:59 PM
This is my first attempt to create a 3d digital environment in Maya.

Sky and atmosphere are fluids and terrain is a DEM of Mt. St. Helens.

Texture is a lambert material with a snow 3d texture applied In its color slot.

Please, critics are welcome.

Obs: I worked in a PC without internet connection and it looks a little bit better, hope it is this monitor that makes it looks dimmer.

JJASSO
10-30-2006, 10:45 PM
hey marcob this look nice so far, what kind of motion are you going to animate?? just camera or some enviromental elements as well?? I like the mood

marcob
10-31-2006, 10:29 AM
Hi, James, thanks for your words. I know your work so they are very valuable to me. I'm a student and trying to get the grip on CG, so it is not for a production work, just a exercise. I plan both...camera and environment animation. The clouds are animated yet, so the ray lights and shadows are animated too. I choose fluids cause it gives me freedom...I can fly into the clouds and volumetric light and shadows would change realistically
. But it has a costI知 using raytracing shadows and high settings in fluids resolution and depth max. and it takes forever to render. Any suggestions to make it more interesting??? Composition??? perspective??? more detail foreground??? About the mood I tried to follow your tips in other threads about coloretcNo I知 trying to speed render time rendering it in layers, but I知 new to composite too. If it works I値l try a avalanche in the center valley. I値l post if it works. And I don't know what happened, but at my other PC it looks crisp and contrasted, but here it is dull and blurred. I just burn it in a cd, so I'm not sure if it was changed trough the process.Marco

CGTalk Moderation
10-31-2006, 10:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.