PDA

View Full Version : Rigging101 Ik_Joe

dude5487
10-28-2006, 10:59 PM
Hi all,

I am currently learning how to animate in XSI and dowloaded the Ik_Joe rig from Rigging101. I also added the tool bar. In that toolbar when I bring up sliders and move them, nothing happens. I am new to XSI and am coming from Maya to give some background. I am just wondering, am I not doing something right?

Thanks!

Sbowling
10-29-2006, 01:15 AM
Hi all,

I am currently learning how to animate in XSI and dowloaded the Ik_Joe rig from Rigging101. I also added the tool bar. In that toolbar when I bring up sliders and move them, nothing happens. I am new to XSI and am coming from Maya to give some background. I am just wondering, am I not doing something right?

Thanks!

It looks like that rig is for XSI 3.51. I would guess that some things may have changed under the hood since then and that is what is causing the problem.

dude5487
10-29-2006, 07:44 AM
Thanks for the info!

Could you possibly direct me to any rigs for XSI that are currently being used?

Sbowling
10-30-2006, 01:22 AM
There are the rigs that come with XSI, but for best results, I would really recommend building your own. Even if you are only really interested in animating, you should at least have a basic knowledge of rigging, so you can fix any problems that pop up when animating.

dude5487
10-30-2006, 02:07 AM
I totally agree. I can do that in Maya, but don't have a lot of experience in XSI. I guess the best way to know how is to just do it. So here I go...ill keep u posted on my progress.

CGTalk Moderation
10-30-2006, 02:07 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.