PDA

View Full Version : Good Advantedge/Ultimatte experience? With DV?

tweaker
02-06-2003, 01:19 PM
I've heard that Advantedge from Ultimatte handles DV keying pretty good, is this true?

I've tryed the old version of ultimatte 2.21 (i believe) and it leaves a square border to what ever I try to key because of the DV compression.

I've heard that this problem is solved with the new Advantedge plug?

Let me know,

thanx,

Tweaker

xzevlin
02-10-2003, 09:12 PM
I just downloaded the advantEdge demo after reading your post, and it handles miniDV footage extremely well from the handfull of tests I've done so far. I was looking at getting Combustion to do about 10 minutes of keying for a miniDV feature, but now that I've tried AdvantEdge, I'm starting to lean towards that. Most of the keyers I tried would blur the interlacing and really give rough white edges around the my actors, but AdvantEdge gave really clean mattes and handled hair and thin edges really well.

This is really no more than a first impression from a fairly inexperienced compositor though, so I suggest you download the demo and give it a run through. There's a pdf manual on the Ultimatte site too that gives a good idea of how it works and all the bells and whistles.

tweaker
02-11-2003, 08:45 AM
THANX, I will try it to.

I had some email contact with these guys from ultimatte and they promissed it would handle DV very well... :bounce:

Tweaker

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.