PDA

View Full Version : help... gradiets?

InnerVortex
12-30-2001, 10:50 AM
how do i do a gradient from a image to transparent.. long time ago i did stuff like that in corel draw but cant find it on photoshop... there is any way to do it like a normal gradient is done or there are any other ways?

Beeronimo
12-30-2001, 12:15 PM
It's pretty easy...

Go to your 'channel' tab. Create a new channel, fill it with a black/white gradient. Then CTRL +click that channel.
Now you go back to the 'layers' tab and click your imagelayer, and copy and paste it.
Hide the first layer, et voila! :)

Maybe there are other ways, but this is basicly the way I do it...

wolf
12-31-2001, 01:34 PM
Same as me, basicly.

InnerVortex
12-31-2001, 08:40 PM
wow thats really easy.. but is that things that ill never guessed, maybe because i really dont know nothing about channels:p so i really have to thanku a loot;)

davpunk
01-06-2002, 03:09 PM
you can use a channel, or make a layer mask. Pretty much the same thing. Click the little shaded circle button in the "layers" palette. black is transparent, white is opaque. YOu can also alt-click on the mask box in the layer and view the mask itself.
I hope this helps.

davpunk

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.