PDA

View Full Version : Character WIP : brawler

j!mi
10-26-2006, 06:38 PM
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/3161/01zm6.jpg

Hey people, just looking for some feedback on my next gen chara.
The only parts that are finished are the shoes, head and body.
I have a few questions though, what is your guy's opinions on the density of the mesh? Is there enough polys on his wifebeater to deform properly? Are there to much polys on his pants? Is head to highpoyl for the rest of his body?

Any feedback on anything is greatly appreciated.
thanks

oh yeh, i do intend on adding a normal map... eventually

BigErn
10-26-2006, 08:29 PM
j!mi, its a great start. I think that you could get away with removing some pretty unused polys, or literally moving them into different places. For example,.. looks like you have loads in the arm, which some can be removed, and the sleeve really needs some extra.

What your looking for, aswell as form, and weight, which I think you have done well with, you need to check your sillouette. Your using Maya, so just hit `7` with no lights and you will be able to see how it looks. You should maybe think about using some of those polys, say in the trousers, to try and make cloth edges.... so they arent just tubes.

Hope it helps, and keep it up!

CGTalk Moderation
10-26-2006, 08:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.