PDA

View Full Version : D&D Fantasy: Flight of the Spider Eaters

Pantmonger
02-06-2003, 11:10 AM
http://home.iprimus.com.au/evilbunny/Jagged/Fn13_Flight.jpg
http://home.iprimus.com.au/evilbunny/Jagged/Fn13_Flight_h.jpg

http://home.iprimus.com.au/evilbunny/Jagged/Fn13_Flight_w.jpg

Have Been doing a lot of 3D stuff of late so decided to get back to the old 2D

Two close ups are also included as the original image is 300dpi A3 so heaps of detail is lost.

Feedback is appreciated.
Pantmonger

carefulconan
02-06-2003, 02:04 PM
nice textures !!!

need to refine your features on your characters.
but as far as textures go you rock.

I keep thinking its 3d.
which is good.

Maybe try a bit less uniform light. make some contrasts...
add a bit more drama.
Otherwise your textures are insane.

Pantmonger
02-07-2003, 01:12 AM
Thanks for the comment, yeah her face is a bit undefined, at the time I was going for a looking into the light look, thus a loss of facial detail, but looks like I didn't fully pull it off, oh well better luck next time.

Thanks again

Pantmonger

Pantmonger
02-07-2003, 09:57 PM
Just a Quick, bump. I was hoping for more then one comment on this one.

Pantmonger

Pantmonger
02-09-2003, 09:53 PM
One last Bump, its got to be worth more the none comment, right? right..?

Pantmonger

Najd
02-09-2003, 11:44 PM
Well, the lightning needs more work, so we can feel from where the light comes.
It's just like if the light comed out from the "camera". To uniform.

except that it's good, not the style I like, but well done. All the cloths, animals, sky textures are really good.continue working on it. :beer:

wildsheepchase
02-10-2003, 12:46 AM
I think you've got a good start here. Anatomy needs work, especially her face. Besides that, the biggest detractor is the lack of a defined light source. Despite your awesome attention to detail and texture, the whole piece looks really flat. I'm also wondering a little about what's going on in the background. I don't really understand what that form is to her right...if she's supposed to be riding a bug like the other guy, than you've got some scale issues that need help also. The lighting could help with that as well....when I first looked at the painting I read the bug on the left to be almost directly next to the girl. When you go to set up your lighting, try giving the girl in the foreground the most highlights and saturated color. The bug in the middle ground should be less bright and desaturated. The bug in the back should have the least amount of detail, highlighting, saturation, etc. The drop shadow on the bug figure on the left only helps to make it look flatter, imho.
I'd like to see you put in a background, such as a landscape to give us a better idea of where the figures are supposed to be....in the sky, 5 feet above the ground, etc.
Like I said, I think it's a great start. Hope some of this helped:wip:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.