PDA

View Full Version : still: naked on the farm

Jhonus
02-06-2003, 09:21 AM
hey this is a character i've been working on... put some images together. I'm not even sure if I like them :shrug: but regardless i post them for your expert judgement.

you can see wip stuff HERE (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37557)

http://dickmygoose.com/sgood/jamie/farm09.jpg

dobermunk
02-06-2003, 09:27 AM
Nice shading style!
Would be nice to see more hints as to story or character - kind of looks like a pilot, but why's he standing naked with his goggles on? More!

Skyraider3D
02-06-2003, 09:29 AM
Are those sheep in the background? :rolleyes:

The upper body is very well modelled. I do have some reservations with the rest though...
Nice "helmet" :)

Araval
02-06-2003, 05:50 PM
I like that face... its very impressive:thumbsup:
Also modelling is nice... heh that story must be interesting :)
I wait for more information about this guy.
Greetz

Soljarag
02-07-2003, 12:54 AM
nice, but why is he naked?

XerC
02-07-2003, 01:07 AM
@Soljarag: well... maybe that's indeed sheep in the background :twisted: haha! :drumrock:
...oh :blush:
shame on me! :shame:

sketchyjay
02-07-2003, 01:42 AM
looks great so far. I assume you are still working on the hands and feet.

jay

Spankenstein
02-07-2003, 02:44 AM
Sure wasnt expecting to see any 3D dong this evening...

zisland
02-07-2003, 03:06 AM
thats a funny looking wiener.;)

nice dude but a bit odd. maybe he was a pilot who got shot down and since he dont look human maybe his tribe of people dont ware clothing.

I dunno but help me out

Coroner
02-07-2003, 08:42 AM
I like it. It`s twisted :scream: I think he has some attitude problems.

McSpirit
02-07-2003, 11:16 AM
Thats a great model.. have you modeled legs on that guy?

:beer:

jason-slab
02-07-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Spankenstein
Sure wasnt expecting to see any 3D dong this evening...
LOL

interesting, so he naked on a sheep farm?
baaaaa baaaa
here sheepy here sheep sheep

sheeees, nz folk!

just kidding fr00g

|jason

Stimpy
02-07-2003, 11:42 AM
no sheep ? shame.

but seriously... nice piece of work there, love the anatomy of this guy with his protruding hip bones and stomach. nice change from all those adonis type of guys.

only the background is a bit too blurry for me, maybe it would give the picture a bit more of an edge if he was integrated better.. but nice overall atmosphere nevertheless...

Jhonus
02-08-2003, 09:05 AM
thanks for the comments people... i will endevour to fix the things mentioned.

btw, you are free to interpret it how you want... if you see beastiality thats cool :D

noisewar
02-08-2003, 05:06 PM
He looks like a pilot lost from his war, perhaps not even of this planet, and having landed on a suspiciously nostalgic field on a Terran farm, he suddenly feels the shock and sadness of being lost. Not lost in the wayward sense, but the kind of lost that is just so similar to his own past that he'll never really know if he's just lost his way, or lost his time, or worse, lost his mind. So he stands in the middle of the field, afraid to remove his goggles, afraid to move, afraid to think for fear that doing so will change the world deeper, and lose himself further in his dream reverie.

chazdogg89
02-08-2003, 10:13 PM
quite frankly, im too lazy right now to read through the rest of these posts....so heres my crits and sorry if you've already seen them...

first off...the head and torso are great....he looks like hes supposed to be a really skinny "sickly" looking guy or something though, so i would suggest thinning out his shoulders...make them look a little more bony....if thatts the look you're going for

im not a particular fan of the large feet...but to each his own, and if thats the style you want...go for it....but lastly, whats goin on with those hands? cant see much of them...but other than that stuff he looks great

mimo8
02-08-2003, 10:46 PM
the point where his feet meet the ground makes the whole thing quite realistic
the grass is just a texture, or is there also some modelling to the ground?

demoncage
02-09-2003, 09:10 AM
cool that you decided to put the penis in. nice anatomy and really like the stretch on the mouth. I agree with the feet comments but let me add that they also appear to be a bit baloony and don't maintain the semi-emaciated look expressed in the rest of the body. hands could be less straight down, maybe loosely curled up. cool model overall.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.