PDA

View Full Version : a little max script help please

Xaser
10-25-2006, 02:34 PM
The maxscript is a little over my head but i would really like to take advantage of it do a little job for me. i was hoping i could get it to do something along the lines of:

i select an object with multiple smooth groups.

then run a scipt that will be suomething like this i just don't know what the commands are or how max coding works.

for n=1 to 32
(
select polys with smooth group N
detach ploys to element
give polys smooth group 1
deselect
)

i hope this makes sense, so i will and up with a object with just one smooth group.

thanks very much

Dave

Michael Chen
10-25-2006, 08:30 PM
i just don't know what the commands are or how max coding works.

This isn't answering your question, but next time it's probably best to ask this type of question at the "3dsMax SDK and MaxScript" section. You'll probably get a better response there.

Xaser
10-26-2006, 04:44 PM
oh crap, i'm really sorry my bad, can someone delete this thread then to keep the forum tidy.
thanks

P.S. i think i've almost solved my problem anyway used the macro learner thing. i only have one small part not working now.

yet again i'm really sorry if i've made a little mess of the forum by posting in the wrong place.

CGTalk Moderation
10-26-2006, 04:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.