PDA

View Full Version : Motionbuilder and C.A.T.

moglie
10-25-2006, 02:32 PM
Just wondering if anyone has successfully exported a C.A.T. (Character Animation Toolkit) rig to Motionbuilder, characterized it, animated it and then imported it back into Max as fbx, bvh or whatever. If so, I'd like to see the workflow. I'm starting to really get into animation now and can use MB or CAT independantly but would like to know if they could be used together as well. Thanks.

donShole
10-25-2006, 11:21 PM
You could try naming the CAT bones according to MB convention and then export to MB. In what way is CAT different to MB? What would be the benefit of combining the two?

moglie
10-26-2006, 04:04 AM
Probably isn't a real advantage to combine the two for me. Was just wondering if anyone had actually done it. Would have liked to try doing the bulk of the animation in MB and then using the CAT rig functions in max to do smaller bits. But yes, exporting a CAT rig and renaming/characterizing it works the same as using normal bones.

CGTalk Moderation
10-26-2006, 04:04 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.