PDA

View Full Version : Stretchy bones

LFShade
02-06-2003, 06:51 AM
How would you go about implementing this in MB? I haven't yet plunged into constraints, but I suspect I'll have to for this. If anyone knows how to do it, could you please enumerate the basics for me?

Michel Besner
02-06-2003, 07:55 AM
There is no current support for real squash and stretch (under development) .... but I'll ask curtis to explain how you can cheat the system and make some bone stretching when using the character tool.

M.

LFShade
02-06-2003, 09:55 PM
That would be great! I look forward to the information :thumbsup:

CurtisG
02-24-2003, 06:33 PM
Hi LFShade,

The best way to achieve a good squash&stretch in Motionbuilder is to animate your character using the Control Rig/Retargeting/Motion Blend/etc, then to un-Characterize you character and do a second pass to apply the bone-scaling, thus achieving a 'squash and stretch' type effect. It's best to use the volume-scaling mode for this effect.

Cheers,

LFShade
02-26-2003, 12:02 AM
Ahhh, very good. I love the way you can just layer things on in MB, it's the best workflow I've found for animation. Thanks for the tip!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.