PDA

View Full Version : counting verticies

Kananga
10-25-2006, 04:53 AM
Hi
is there an easy way of keeping track of the vertex count for a model? I use the polygon counter, I was wondering is there something similar for verts? Other than the properies dialog of course. Appreciate any tips.

eek
10-25-2006, 05:35 AM
Hi
is there an easy way of keeping track of the vertex count for a model? I use the polygon counter, I was wondering is there something similar for verts? Other than the properies dialog of course. Appreciate any tips.

easy:

select the model and evaluate this code:

$.verts.count

Kananga
10-25-2006, 05:59 AM
ok, you got me. Do I enter that in the lower left dialogue, the red coloured slot? I never use code in Max 8

glynnsmith
10-25-2006, 07:15 AM
The bottom-most left-most textbox of the max window. I think you were in the right place, just the wrong box. You want the white one, not the pinkish one :)

G

Kananga
10-25-2006, 07:59 AM
Ok that works. Although it occured to me that I could group the objects and select properties to check the total vert count. Thanks for that tip though.

CGTalk Moderation
10-25-2006, 07:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.