PDA

View Full Version : Turn 2D to 3D

Lappen78
03-20-2002, 06:44 PM
Anyone who can help me. This Angel will represent my soccerclub in Sweden. Would be a cool thing to have it in 3D on our website. So if anyone could help me....I would appriciate it!

See ya!

http://www.engelholmsff.com/angel1.gif

Lappen78
03-21-2002, 02:37 AM
Hmmm the pic you see above will be printed on T-shirts! And no I don't have the money to pay anyone to do it. I am just one of the teams players and I can't take decisions that includes money. I just thought It would be a good idea to ask someone here. Mayby there are someone not that greedy as some here.;)

AJ
03-21-2002, 02:46 AM
Greedy's one thing... what you're asking for is a professional job for free... :shame:

Now as a student I often took on things like this and I'm sure most people here could do a fantastic job of it... However, undercutting is one thing - but getting artwork for free is something else entirely.

I strongly suggest that if you want proper artwork on your shirts, you should approach the proper people

chaos945
03-21-2002, 01:01 PM
I'd be willing to do this model, if I get the time. I am a student right now, modelling is my thang.....but I don't guarentee anything. You see my time is scarce and there are many professionals on here that could do it in half the time. I'll get back to you on it in a week if I get it done.

Lappen78
03-21-2002, 02:39 PM
OK...I understand that it is much to ask to do it for free. You see I'm not into 3D-making myself and I don't know how much work you have to put down on a model like this.
I thought that mayby it could be a fun idea.
Some people are moddeling for fun and if you can combine fun with helping somebody it would be even better......am I wright?

Well I can promise you that I will give a T-shirt to the one who makes the model and does a god job!
More like a symbol for my appriciation!

;)

Flaviosen
03-22-2002, 01:09 AM
i do luv the pic thou :p
it would do a very nice pice if u killed tha ball....put a nice modeled sword in it place....and modelled the body aswell.....now that would be a rokking pic

chaos945
03-25-2002, 07:40 AM
Actually I use MAYA not 3DSMAX

dave_baer
03-25-2002, 03:35 PM
WOOHOO! Free t-shirt? I'm in!

LOL... Lappen, what you have to realize is, it takes a lot of time and effort to model in 3D. Enough time that a t-shirt is hardly compensation. I'm not trying to put you down, I understand by your posts what you intended. But realize this, you're asking a lot from these talented artists who are, for the most part, getting paid for their work. So in a sense, a t-shirt in return for years of education and expertise is somewhat insulting. I am a 3D Animation student and even though Im still building my portfolio, there's no way I would I would do anything for free.

good luck in your endeavor. =)

Cgkoko
03-25-2002, 04:25 PM
Are you going to sale those T-shirts?:confused: That way you could pay(?) an artist...I think.Nice pic

moonman
03-25-2002, 04:27 PM
give him a break guys he was only askin, I would have a stab but I am not good enough, and I have zero time sorry mate!!

chaos945
03-25-2002, 10:08 PM
I have actually started to model that pic......but its is still in its early development and will not grace this board for another day or two. The body was easy but the hair a god the hair....if anyone has any ideas on how I should go about doing the hair I'm all ears. I've been thinking maybe paint effects will cut it but I guess we'll see won't we?

ACFred
03-25-2002, 10:43 PM
Jesus, people. Obviously the man isn't looking to bilk a really busy professional person out of thousands of dollars of service.
If you don't have the time or the interest, then why bother beating the guy up about it? Let someone who has the time and inclination to do the work answer him.

Maybe someone has time to build a cool little portfolio piece for themselves. I mean, hell, if I had the time, I'd do it myself because I like to help folks out. I've made some of my best, most lucrative referrals after doing pro bono work.

Y'all need to lighten up a bit and maybe grow up a little, too.
Just quit the belly-aching -- money isn't everything.

Alec

moonman
03-26-2002, 12:02 PM
Hell yeah!!

Felix
03-26-2002, 02:01 PM
Y'all need to lighten up a bit and maybe grow up a little, too.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Attention all personal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was an artist speaking!
Nonetheless: Sorry, Lappen78, i am a student, too and im drowning in stuff i have to cope with.... generally this character is quite a good exercise - object; so u might find someone willingly to help.... have faith! :-)

Lappen78
03-28-2002, 12:13 AM
Thanks all for understanding what I mean. It means that there are good-hearted people out there....who do'nt put money first!

Hope to hear from you!
see ya!

element412
03-28-2002, 08:03 AM
hi. just a comment . first . id like to model this guy but im sooo out of time ...
second. u want that to be printed on t-shirts??
usually if im right t-shirt printing isnt really acurate and i thing taht for a t-shirt this pics is enough ....
anyway its always good when someone offers itself .... cant wait to see the 3d renders.
chow

three
03-28-2002, 10:21 AM
have you totally forgotten about "chaos945"?
He's actually offered himself but noone notices.
Well, I just want to say that you're doing a great job for nothing, if you don't have some sort of contact with Lappen78 over mail or something :confused:

I sure hope that you'll get some cred for this, or at least that promised T-shirt :p

Take care, and I'll have an open eye out for that final pic.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.