PDA

View Full Version : Concerning KeyTrak OS support

Irie
02-06-2003, 01:53 AM
hey all

I am sitting here, talking myself into spending the measly 100 (which i dont necessarily have to spend at the moment.. but..) for what sounds like one hell of a program. I want to get KeyTrak as I am about to seriously start animating and want to have a little less stress and more organization in my life ... the layers and other wizardry in keytrak seem to be the answer. So... heres my problem... when i go to their online payment place... shareit.com it says for NT and 2000... im (unfortunately :annoyed: ) on xp pro... will i have problems? are there xp users out there with keytrak?

oh, and it also says you are ordering version 1.0 when they say you get 1.1.... ?? seperate download?

thanks,
matt

wgreenlee1
02-06-2003, 02:11 AM
I would think it would work....but dont quote me on that....:beer:

Irie
02-06-2003, 02:13 AM
lol...

congrats on the new avatar

glad you finally go it

uncommongrafx
02-06-2003, 03:08 AM
Irie,
You make issue where there is none. Spend the money. Animate like a madman. Enjoy.

Robert Wilson
UnCommon Grafx

Irie
02-06-2003, 03:11 AM
that means you know KeyTrak will run on xp pro? yes? please say yes!

also... do i get version 1.0 and upgrade to 1.1 or will i get 1.1?

and one last one.. is it a download? or a cd sent via postal?

thanks!
matt

rock
02-06-2003, 03:30 AM
Irie,

Keytrak 1.1 will run fine on XP. Order it.

Rock

uncommongrafx
02-06-2003, 03:31 AM
YES! Since it is said that my answers are convoluted, I'll put that first.
See, KeyTrack doesn't care about the OS as long as lw is running. And be sure to join the yahoo keytrak group. Although, you could get just as much help from here...
Enjoy, friend.
Robert Wilson
UnCommon Grafx

Irie
02-06-2003, 03:33 AM
thanks rock and uncommon!

i really appreciate your answers (although convoluted for some, hehe!)

by the by robert, are you affiliated with spatial design, or just an avid user?

matt!

uncommongrafx
02-06-2003, 03:49 AM
Hell no! I use a VideoToaster [2]!!

Oh, you didn't mean...

Um, no. I am [barely;)] self-employed as a renaissance guy: ASL interpreter, editor, 3D [wannabe]animator, consultant, photographer...Whatever they are willing to pay for. :)
I'm even writing grants for educational purposes. In the second round at the moment. Hoping a lifetime of personal investment is ready to start truly paying dividends. :shrug:

Oh, and am an owner of my own copy of KeyTrak, would like to meet Mark and the crew to shake their hands and don't work for any of the companies whose tools I use. And rather passionate about them, though I've learned not to do the 'mine is better than yours' schtuff. {Finally got to the answer. chuckle}
Umm, that's enough.
Robert Wilson
UnCommon Grafx

Irie
02-06-2003, 03:52 AM
auuggghhhh....

head is spinning from confusing, unrelated, interlaced stories....

cant see... straight... dizzy

:) :) :)

matt

Kaiser_Sose
02-06-2003, 04:52 AM
sure, if you need it now, get it but if you do not I would wait for the next version because this tool or a similar tool has to be in the next version

Irie
02-06-2003, 04:53 AM
but i want it nowwwww kaiser... nowwwww! hrmph :(

hehe

bugzilla
02-06-2003, 01:49 PM
I just ordered Keytrak but I am having a hell of a time getting it to work. I had to get a reg. code to log onto the webpage to download it, a username/password to unzip the file, then I had to email the developers a serial number that pops up when the plugin first starts and they said it's the wrong code. I even sent them a screenshot--twice! I still haven't gotten confirmation from them yet.

Has anyone else had similar problems? I know they have to protect their work, but c'mon! How many hoops does a user have to o through? It's experiences like this that make people want to use cracked software.

bugzilla
02-06-2003, 06:27 PM
Ok. Spatial Designes helped clear that up. I now have Keytrak up and running!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.