PDA

View Full Version : Swage Product Video Tour now available

Vizfizz
10-24-2006, 07:35 AM
A new product video tour is now available for Swage, Paralumino's latest geometry generation plug-in. Take a look and see what path extrusion technology can do for you!

Best of it.. its free!

http://www.paralumino.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=25

Ideas
10-25-2006, 11:34 PM
Downloaded the vids last night and had a chance to study them this morning. I can see why Ian and Paul are so exited by this plug - the possibilities seem endless.
Now I have to persuade my wife to cough up the pennies :-)
Its nice to see so many new and useful plugs from you and your company. I hope there is enough feedback and interest ($s) to keep up the momentum. I must admit I got really exited about your query in users interest in a modeler. As a long time user of EIM I just hope it utilizes some of the best parts of an app that could have been brilliant.
Best of luck.
Mike.

Vizfizz
10-26-2006, 01:09 AM
Mike,

There are a number of forces in motion dedicated to the continued advancement of Electric Image within the CG community. I think reality has finally sunk in back at the mothership, and I believe in the upcoming future you're going to see a new grass roots movement within EITG itself to help further the cause even more. Sorry I'm not at liberty to discuss those efforts in detail.

As far as Paralumino is concerned... We're dedicated to increasing awareness for EI, providing education, and constructing new tools to help get EI back on its feet. Unfortunately, we can't do it alone. In order for us to continue providing more software tools for EIAS users, we have to move product and increase our sales. I have a very specific sales goal I need to meet in order to afford recontracting the Igors and potentially other programmers for additional work. The Igors were kind enough to help me get Paralumino off the ground with our core toolset, but in order to go further I need to have additional financial backing in place to do so. Right now I'm about 50% there with my sales goal. I'm hoping Swage will be a good seller.

For the users its a "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" scenario here. We'll work very hard to produce the plugins and shaders you desire...we just need sales in return. And if you're wondering if there's a lot of money to be made here, think again. lol. Any money made at this point goes directly for paying the wages of those writing the software. My sales goal is intended to get things back into the black.

Hopefully between what we and EITG has planned we'll return EIAS back to its better days.

CGTalk Moderation
10-26-2006, 01:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.