PDA

View Full Version : Maya 8 rotation problems?

Eurofiles
10-24-2006, 02:38 AM
Does Maya 8 have a setting that has to be changed to get this working? I'm just simply writing an expression to rotate particles and it doesn't work. Starting from a fresh scene...

1. have a polyobject at original (don't care which way it's pointing, freeze xformations who cares)
2. created an omni emitter (or any other kind)
3. select polyobject, then particleshape, particles, instancer replacement
4. Okay every particle becomes the polyobject, now for rotation.
5. go to particleshape attribute editor, add dynamic attributes: "General"
6. Under "New" tab, type in customRot for attribute name, set data type to "vector", attribute type to "per particle (array)".
7. Select ok, it adds the custom attribute to the list in attribute editor. Right click on the attribute, select creation expression.
8. Type in the following expression:
particleShape1.customRot = {rand(0,360), rand(0,360), rand(0,360)};
9. Finally, go to Instancer (Geometry Replacement), under rotation options, click on "Rotation", select the new attribute I just created "customRot", leave everthing else blank.
10. Press play, and NOTHING, no rotation on the geometry. This is the same thing I do in Maya 7, but it doesn't work in Maya 8. Everything is starting from a fresh scene, and no name mismatches, just simply doesn't work.

Does anyone know why?

Thanks,

Eurofiles
10-24-2006, 03:36 AM
Yep, it was due to me being a retard. { never equalled <<, it rather was born from my hole.

CGTalk Moderation
10-24-2006, 03:36 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.