PDA

View Full Version : Create video for WXGA res

marcorabellini
10-23-2006, 01:17 AM
Has anyone created video to play on a plasma at WXGA resolution (1280 x 768)? I'm having difficulty finding any info online. I want to find out what compression I should use (one of the HD flavors or something else?)

Thanks,
m

hospadam
10-23-2006, 09:19 AM
This is a pretty vague question.

Can you clairify a few things:

What kind of footage are you using? Do you have pre-existing footage, graphics, etc. Or are you creating it all in AE?
What will the final output be? Are you looking to play it off of a computer, or are you looking to convert it to a HD-DVD/BluRay format?

I guess I could go ahead and take a stab at your question. First of all, just create a composition at the resolution you want (1280x768)... and there you have it. You currently have the comp at the resolution you want.

As far as exporting/codec settings, they vary. The easiest answer is... just test it out and see. I can give you a few suggestions... but really, for the first time, you'll have to try a few things to see what gives you the best results/ammount of time needed to give you those results.

If you are going to play this movie on a Windows computer, I've had really good luck with the WMV codec with the HD settings tweaked out.

If you're going to play this on a Mac computer, that's relatively new (it will have to be, to play HD resolutions)... then I'd definately go with a Quicktime movie with H.264 encoding.

Just clairify the question a little bit, and I'll try to do better. Good luck.

CGTalk Moderation
10-23-2006, 09:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.