PDA

View Full Version : Breeze for multiple plants

C4DS
10-22-2006, 01:49 PM
Hi,

I have created an ecosystem containg plants and trees to obtain a forest. The camera is located on the ground and both trees and plants are seen in close-up (more or less).
I would like to have a separate effect of breeze on this forest, in such a way that the plants should not move due to the breeze (being close to the ground and protected by the trees around).
The current rendering shows nice animated trees, but the plants are affected too much by the breeze. I'd like to disable breeze completely for the plants.
As I don't see any setting in the atmosphere editor related to attenuation of breeze in function of height, I was wondering if there is a way to obtain such result ?

thanks.

AtomicPablo
10-29-2006, 02:35 AM
You can individually change the breeze settings of your plants on the Plant Editor. To get to it, double-click on your plant obect on the objects rollout, and then the Plant Editor will appear. On the top, there is an icon for Response to Wind, open it up, and then you can modifiy the amount of breeze for your trunk and your leaves.

If you are using breeze onto plants on an EcoSystem, then what you can do is to edit those plants sepparately (on a new file), and then saving them as a New Plant Species. Then go back to your original scene and replace your new saved plants on your EcoSystem material.

CGTalk Moderation
10-29-2006, 02:35 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.