PDA

View Full Version : Star Gate Level

HunterMay
10-22-2006, 05:32 AM
Hello my name is Hunter. I am making a Star Gate Level. I am going to be doing more to the level but I would like other peoples feed back on what I have done so far. The colors in the level are there just to help me out with texturing later, and the water is for show. I have only been designing this level for two days now. I am using Maya 7 and Photoshop and ZBrush later.

Hunter
Dark Jedi

HunterMay
10-23-2006, 05:50 AM
Will someone please tell me what I can change or do to make this level looking and feel better. Thanks

Hunter
Dark Jedi

LaughingBun
10-23-2006, 06:07 AM
From what i can tell its looking pretty good. I think the reason you are not getting any feedback is because the images you posted are not really condusive to good crit giving. They should be solid faced/ with wire, or lit in a way that makes the geometry more noticable. But from what i can tell its looking pretty good, just keep working and post more updates as you make progress

Gamedev
10-23-2006, 04:54 PM
As far as level design goes, its pretty sparse. Have you given any thought to what type of gameplay might take place here? Have you done a top down sketch of the map? Graphically it looks fine thus far. Start the texturing and refining your lighting and post your progress.

HunterMay
10-24-2006, 01:51 AM
Thanks for the help. The level is going to be an Unreal DM (Death Match) level. About the screenshots with the wire frames. I have a problem. When I press print screen and go into Photoshop the screen shot is all black. Does anybody no what I need to do to make it work. I have never had this problem.

Hunter
Dark Jedi

CGTalk Moderation
10-24-2006, 01:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.