PDA

View Full Version : Polygon drawing?

rinny8
10-22-2006, 12:32 AM
Well, I've been using Maya Personal Learning Edition, but after a while all the watermarks and not being able to export can get on your nerves, so I switched to Blender. I definetly will need to time to adjust to the new layout. But I was wondering if there was a polygon draw tool like there is in Maya. This was practically the only tool I used for modeling so without it is like walking around without my head. T_T If not is there at least something like it?

phexitol
10-22-2006, 07:05 AM
Not sure how exactly the polygon draw tool works in Maya, but what you may be looking for in Blender is done by first adding a mesh object (any mesh object will do). After adding the object, you will automatically be in edit mode, and all vertices will be selected. Hit DELETE and choose 'vertices'. To add new vertices, CTRL+click where you wish to place them. Each new vertex will be connected to the previous one by an edge unless you deselect all before adding a new one. In order to create a new polygon, select three or four vertices and hit F. To create an edge, select two vertices and hit F.

TimothyElliot
10-22-2006, 08:33 AM
What Maya polygon draw tool are you talking about?

I don't recognize anything by that name -- is is the sculpt geometry tool? the pencil tool (for splines)? Create polygon Tool?

rinny8
10-22-2006, 11:16 PM
yeah it was the creat polygon tool sorry.

CGTalk Moderation
10-22-2006, 11:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.