PDA

View Full Version : New Companion Website for the Anatomy Forum: www.foundationalarts.com

Rebeccak
10-21-2006, 10:58 PM
Hi everyone, I'd like to announce that Joel Carlo (Mechahatechimp) and I have launched a new website, www.foundationalarts.com (http://www.foundationalarts.com/):

http://anatomy.cgnetworks.com/foundationalarts/foundationalarts_splash_.jpg (http://www.foundationalarts.com/)

Big thanks to Joel who did all of the work in getting the site up and running - he designed the logo, created the site, and set everything up - I'm really pleased with how great a job he did. :)

Right now the site is just a personal website / virtual studio space for two artists that is set up in a forum format to facilitate ease of posting / etc. Down the road we may decide to open up the board to other members, but for the time being the site is just a personal website that is set up like a forum. As such, please don't register for the forum since it's not really an open forum like CGTalk (I know this is a strange concept to have a forum as a private website, but this should make things easier if we eventually open up the boards as a public forum).

For me the site will just allow me the space to hopefully develop more in depth tutorials for the Anatomy Forum and to explore personal work which doesn't necessarily fit within the scope of CGS. Mainly I want the site to become a repository of and spawning ground for tutorials and demos which are designed to help budding artists.

Both Joel and I will be continually adding stuff, so check back for updates as we continue to get things off the ground.

I hope that the site will be useful to someone and I hope that you check it out and enjoy. :)

Cheers,

-Rebeccak

MechaHateChimp
10-21-2006, 11:04 PM
That logo sucks! :scream:

Rebeccak
10-21-2006, 11:12 PM
lmao

Seriously, I love the logo you did. :)

Iridyse
10-21-2006, 11:19 PM
Ohh, the forums look very nice! *looks around some more*

And the logo is pretty! :) Congrats!

Intervain
10-21-2006, 11:33 PM
Awesome idea and I look forward to visiting it quite often :)

btw. I actually really like that logo MechaHateChimp ... don't let the middle part of your nick name take over LOL

seriously, it's great you guys are putting so much into this :bounce:

ytresu
10-21-2006, 11:37 PM
Good luck RebeccaK and MechaHateChimp.

Rebeccak
10-21-2006, 11:45 PM
Iridyse, Intervain, and ytresu,

Thanks a lot! :) The new website isn't meant to replace the Anatomy Forum, for which I'll always remain responsible. Mainly the new site (for me at least) is a way to develop new stuff for the forum at a reasonable pace. I really appreciate your support! :)

MechaHateChimp
10-22-2006, 12:40 AM
Im just kidding... I like the logo :)

Im pretty much on the same page as Rebecca. For me itll be place where I can post stuff I normally wouldnt on CGTalk or on my portfolio site. Thanks everyone for nice words! - J

claybub
10-25-2006, 10:32 PM
I really love the site. Since only two of you are posting, the information is presented very clearly, which makes this an excellent resource to learn from. I look forward to watching this develop. :)

cheers

Rebeccak
10-26-2006, 03:38 PM
Thanks a lot claybub. Glad you like the site. :)

CGTalk Moderation
10-26-2006, 03:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.