PDA

View Full Version : Short SciFi: The Vanishing 2006

MgraFx
10-21-2006, 09:10 AM
Here the link for my short
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW1zAIi-6zA

I done it with Xtruder, member here at CgTalk and my friend.
All done with an amateur camera, post processed with Adobe Premiere/After Effect.
For 3d scene and 3d compositing animations and modellation by 3Dsmax and Maya.

This short was done for Italy short contest,

If we wins some of various festival, i try to esport in international contest.

I ask to Cgtalk users to see it and say me what you think

Thanks and good work

som3d59
10-21-2006, 09:43 AM
I can't see it, do I need to get Flash to play?

MgraFx
10-21-2006, 10:02 AM
Yes, i'm sorry, i use youtube because compressed in low quality it is 90 mb and i've not space where post
Sorry

nikolas1977
10-21-2006, 10:18 AM
It really depends on what you're looking feedback on.

I found the animation and CGfx to be fine as they are. The darkenss overall helped to that. Maybe I was a bit unimpressed by the angry alien, but then again I have no idea how angry aliens looks like. I'm used to cute little ones made by Pixar, or Speilberg so... :p

But I foudn the movie to be moving slow, the pace was extremly slow. Maybe the language didn't help.

And while the actors were good, the voice acting was actually rather... :S bad imo. Again I don't speak Italian (but being greek I know a lot of Italians actually) and the voice acting sounded really fake and like the voice actors were bored... Not to mention that there was no lip syncing most of the time. Could it be youtube that did this?

Anyways, I hope all the best to the contests.

Nikolas

CGTalk Moderation
10-21-2006, 10:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.